Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 10/28/2016 4:52:27 AM EDT
A friend dropped this jewel off for me to 'look at'. He said during reassembly after cleaning it the slide locked up like this. You can smack the rear slide and it will shoot forward but the barrel will still stick out about half an inch and the rear isn't lined up either. Pretty much all you can do is move the slide back to where it is in the photo and it won't go any further. And your having to force it. I tried knocking it against a strong padded surface to jolt it back on track or something but that isn't working. Apparently it was reassembled wrong and my best guess is the tracks from the frame and slide aren't lined up correctly.

Any suggestions on plans of attack? Not much on YouTube about jammed FNs yet.  I am more of a Glock guy and don't any experience with these.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it has to do with the trigger position.  Try using something small to release the safety tab that prevents a pull.  It may work then.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't work. I found some information of what to do if the slide on a Glock locks and tried it on the FN. To fix it you slide the back plate off and take this metal clip thingy off.  When I did all that crap to the right of the photo shot out the back of the gun. And I was able to disassemble it. I reassembled it and now it's working fine.

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A friend dropped this jewel off for me to 'look at'. He said during reassembly after cleaning it the slide locked up like this. You can smack the rear slide and it will shoot forward but the barrel will still stick out about half an inch and the rear isn't lined up either. Pretty much all you can do is move the slide back to where it is in the photo and it won't go any further. And your having to force it. I tried knocking it against a strong padded surface to jolt it back on track or something but that isn't working. Apparently it was reassembled wrong and my best guess is the tracks from the frame and slide aren't lined up correctly.

Any suggestions on plans of attack? Not much on YouTube about jammed FNs yet.  I am more of a Glock guy and don't any experience with these.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/sctrey99/A4A707D6-A460-439E-A317-F129A6001660_zpshuhfn1pb.jpg
View Quote

It's the Guide rod/recoil spring, it's not sitting where it's supposed to and is dragging, center it up, can't explain it any better.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top