Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2011 10:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clasky]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always wondered if it would be possible to use tritium to light up the fiber at night. Just put the tritium in some kind of reflective housing underneath the fiber? Somebody must have tried that, right?
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By vandal:
I've always wondered if it would be possible to use tritium to light up the fiber at night. Just put the tritium in some kind of reflective housing underneath the fiber? Somebody must have tried that, right?

Truglo TFO.  A friend of mine runs them on his XDm, and likes them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. You outta put a link in this thread, and do a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special.

-ZA
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
hopefully they will make a Beretta PX4 set, i would buy them
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
is a glock set planned?
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard about problems with these coming off of the M&P's. I was interested if they end up releasing for glocks but that news concerned me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll definitely being looking into these is there's a glock set.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my M&P VTAC in mid December. On the first day at the range, the fiber optic in the front sight fell out on round 22. I called S&W Customer Service, and they were very apoligetic, and sent me a FedEx tag to return the pistol for warranty repair.

I got the pistol back day before yesterday. Today I went to the range, and at approximately round 35, the fiber optic AGAIN fell out of the front sight! Needless to say I'm NOT a happy camper.

The pistol itself has functioned flawlessly, with approximately 300 rounds down range. The sights in principle are great, but the workmanship leaves something to be desired. As long as the fiber optic stays in the front sight, they are awesome, that just doesn't seem to happen very often.

I'll be contacting S&W again tomorrow to return the pistol. I am going to demand they replace the VTAC sights with the new Trijicon HD sights. It won't be a true VTAC pistol any more, but at least I will be able to shoot it!!

I'll keep you posted...
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]
What is the poa vs poi on these sights for various calibers and bullet weights?

As in impact at the top edge of the front sight at 25 yards for a full size m&p shooting 124 gr ammo?
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisC701] [#10]
Has anyone else had issues with the fiber optic falling out? I'm about 2 seconds away from ordering a set..Also currious if it will clear a AAC .45 Tirant Can?

If the optic falls out i'm not going to waste my time and I'll just order a set of adjustable sights....

I run my duty gun hard. The past year it has been the most reliable weapon I've ever used. I'm currious to try out these sights, but if they are going to fail and fall apart, I'm not wanting to waste my time and money.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
nothing?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm abit concerned too. I ordered a new VTAC monday and I've heard some of the talk about the sights falling off. I just got it for the finish and if I have issues with the sights it's getting some Trijicon HDs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the VTAC 9. I've had zero problems with the sights.

These things are phenomenal. The fiber optics are crazy bright in the sun, and the tritium rocks at night.
That glowing front sight lines itself right up to the target.

If they make them for XD I'll be buying a few more sets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Like anything that we buy, you could potentially get a lemon. But don't be too concerned with the few lemons out there. The sights are phenomenal.

Personally I use Glocks but I have shot M&Ps extensively and have used the VTACs on occasion. I still remember the first time I shot with them on my buddies custom M&P9. Keyholing five shots at about 15 yards on a VTAC target head. Made me a believer instantly.

I don't think the sights will clear your can but they should still work fine because of how your eyes work. You know how you can sort of "see through" your gun when you have both eyes open? You'll probably just look through the suppressor while your staring at that beautiful green dot floating over your target!

Get them!

Also I don't see these coming out for Glock anytime soon. VTAC has a contract with S&W and the sights are propietary for now. Hopefully something similar can be developed for us Glock lovers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a VTAC .40, only 600 rounds fired so far but my sights have been solid and work very well. They are great for fast follow up shots. I really like them. But I will not be putting them on any of my other guns. The cost is just too high, Trijicon HD's for $115 TFO's for $95 and this for $240,  great sites and I know the old saying how much is your life worth and all but darn thats a lot of coin for pistol sights. Half the cost of alot of very good guns. If they were around $150 I think they would fly of the shelf. But with the cost of ammo, gear, training and life in general thats just more then I am willing to spend for pistol iron sights.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#16]
i put 1800 rounds through my vtac in costa ludus handgun 1, no problems whats so ever during the day the fibers kicks ass
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Those look really clever, hope they release for more models.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if these are going to be able to clear a suppressor?
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a ton of rounds through my 40VTAC as well with no issue. In fact I believe that now the sights FO are covered in a sealant so they wont fall out.

I am not sure if they will clear a can but they are higher that the regualr M&P sights if that makes a difference
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought mine used and the first shot, the front fiber optic rod fell out. How do I "glue" it back in? really need an answer, don't want to send it back. griffinrampant1 gmale dot comm.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
nice sights
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I would also like to know if they clear a can.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ftw13:
is a glock set planned?

Also would like to know this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I've checked out these sights awhile ago, went with Truglo TFOs instead and love them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Got some VTAC stuff on my wife's AR, she loves the flashlight mount, but we have Truglo TFO sights on several pistols and I am curious why these use this odd "stacked" configuration instead...?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Got some VTAC stuff on my wife's AR, she loves the flashlight mount, but we have Truglo TFO sights on several pistols and I am curious why these use this odd "stacked" configuration instead...?
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Like the idea but doesn't work for me. Love my 10-8
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 2:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clint-M] [#28]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rtran:
View Quote

Do you actually have experience with them, or are you just assuming because you already own something else?
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Over 2 years later, and still only available for M&P?
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Clint-M:

Do you actually have experience with them, or are you just assuming because you already own something else?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clint-M:
Originally Posted By rtran:

I must admit I dont have any range time with them but I can say it definitely too busy for me
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Bought the M&P 40 tactical in Nov. with the Viking sights. I love the sights. Very bright night & day. Fast acquisition & alignment. Not tall enough for can or RMR milled slide install. The latest batch 2013 will not fall out!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:29:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
View Quote

Yeah. No kidding,
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

Yeah. No kidding,
View All Quotes

Yeah. No kidding,

im ok with this...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Twin Tech Tactical has adapters for M&P Compact 22 pistols. If anyone is interested
http://www.twintechtactical.com/M-P-Comp-22.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah. No kidding,
View All Quotes

Yeah. No kidding,

Where's my Glock 19 set
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Just out of curiosity do y'all know if these will clear an AAC Tirant45s
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Tell Victor I still have the Chinese Reflex sights on several AR's (on top of scopes)  I'll put these on a MP45c.  I'm doing reflex on my CORE and got the MRDS from you guys.  Now, the real winner will be these new sights made high enough to co-witness with the MRDS.  If anybody can do it you guys can.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know how long they've been available, but they're up on the website for Glock and in more configurations than the M&P as well.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-vsgl.htm

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By vandal:
View Quote

Truglo TFOs have been around how long now?  This seems to be a case of a solution to a non-existent problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ChrisC701:
nothing?
View Quote

FWIW I'm an LEO M&P armorer.  We used to buy the fiber optic sights for our dept guns b/c they are nice for fast sight acquisition in the daytime.  We had nothing but problems with the fiber rods coming out.  We ditched them completely and now only use the S&W night sights that come with the gun or buy Truglo TFOs for $70.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RMcKean:
I don't know how long they've been available, but they're up on the website for Glock and in more configurations than the M&P as well.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-vsgl.htm

View Quote

Dang, how did I miss this.
He's right ,they're available for Glocks now.

But $175?
DAMN ...
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiefighter] [#42]
Edit- didn't realize how old this was. Disregard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top