BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/27/2010 9:34:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually use Federal Bulk pack but my rimfire ammo of choice is CCI MiniMags.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Steady diet of federal Bulk packs here, no problems.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I swear by Wolf MT/SK Standard Plus.  It shoots straight and always goes bang.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Save up buy bulk cci blazer 5000rds for $18 a brick of 500 totAl $180 for those who can't multiply lol very happy with it cheap dependable and no trip to store.
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for the information on 22 ammo!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SGocka:

this
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
For me, fed bulk pack, CCI will not feed in my 22 conversion kit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Been getting great results from Blazer bulk ammo for $23~ per brick of 500rds.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Who had the thread with the velocity  data comparing Win, Fed, Rem, CCI, ect etc.?
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Federal Auto Match
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been shooting Wolf MT for many years now. It is the only round that shoots well out of every single firearm I put it in. I am getting ready to buy 5,000 rounds of the stuff, so it must be pretty tight shooting.

For bulk ammo, I like Federal Automatch from Walmart. I am getting under .75" at 50 yds reliably with many groups coming in under .5"

I will be buying some Blazer next time I see it for sale on recommendations from the folks here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2010 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
CCI Stinger, I carry it in my beretta 22. It has a 32 grain hollow point at 1670 fps.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Due to a failure of CCI Stingers to put down a wounded deer a few years back I no longer count on stingers for any serious purpose. A neighbor stopped by and told me that a deer had been hit a my nearest intersection and was leaning up against a tree. He asked me to take it out of it's misery as it was now on his property. As I approached, the Deer stepped away just a few feet from the tree making a clear shot even easier. I now carefully aimed my Ruger 4" 22/45 at the deer's scull and fired at no further than 10 yards. NO effect.  Fired again, no effect but this time I saw fur fly at my aiming point. I fired again, no effect, some blood at the aiming point, but not much. I fired again this time aiming at the ear base knowing that there was an opening into the brain. The Deer now flipped up and over and hit the ground, only to stand right back up again!!!!
I now left and came back with my RUGER new model 45LC with 250lead SWC @ 950fps. First shot and the deer was down for good. All of the 22 CCI stingers had come apart not penetrating the deer's scull at all. The ear shot had only penetrated a few inches.
The CCI stinger might work for small birds and rodents but don't rely on it for much else IMHO
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CaptSchofield:
Due to a failure of CCI Stingers to put down a wounded deer a few years back I no longer count on stingers for any serious purpose. A neighbor stopped by and told me that a deer had been hit a my nearest intersection and was leaning up against a tree. He asked me to take it out of it's misery as it was now on his property. As I approached, the Deer stepped away just a few feet from the tree making a clear shot even easier. I now carefully aimed my Ruger 4" 22/45 at the deer's scull and fired at no further than 10 yards. NO effect.  Fired again, no effect but this time I saw fur fly at my aiming point. I fired again, no effect, some blood at the aiming point, but not much. I fired again this time aiming at the ear base knowing that there was an opening into the brain. The Deer now flipped up and over and hit the ground, only to stand right back up again!!!!
I now left and came back with my RUGER new model 45LC with 250lead SWC @ 950fps. First shot and the deer was down for good. All of the 22 CCI stingers had come apart not penetrating the deer's scull at all. The ear shot had only penetrated a few inches.
The CCI stinger might work for small birds and rodents but don't rely on it for much else IMHO

Poor Deer
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#16]
My son and I both shoot Federal bulk packs and Winchester 555 bulk packs purchased from Walmart. So I voted Winchester, Federal and more than one manufacturer.

One 22/45
Two 10/22's
One Winchester 67
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 4:40:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FuRyWiThAnAk47] [#17]
Federal 550 Bulk from walmart exclusively with my Ruger MKIII 22/45 and 10/22 and I RARELY EVER get jams, like 1 out of 3k rds. This is for general plinking, pest control, and shooting matches and leagues. CCI Standard with my can when I show my friends how quiet it can really be.

In on 1
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Using CCI Blazer in a 5000 brick with no problems
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Eley TENEX is the ammo used in the Olympic Games
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:00:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Essayons:

This. I know alot of LE snipers who use this ammo on their trainers. I use this ammo as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dphill:
Federal Auto Match

I LOVE that stuff.  If it was subsonic it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DOA:

This. I know alot of LE snipers who use this ammo on their trainers. I use this ammo as well.

I use that stuff in my bullbarreled10/22.  Damn good ammo and its subsonic.  The price hurts compared to bulkpack stuff though.  Alos my 22/45 will not extract it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I 've been using CCI Green Tag in my older High Standard with no problems for years. I won some Ely and was very pleased with it but I still have a few bricks of the Green Tag.  Primary use is Bullseye competition
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#24]
CCI is probably my favorite but I have started using Aguila Super Maximum 30 grain HP in my ruger 10-22 with green mountain bbl. They are way more devastating than stingers and are more accurate in my gun. I have had only 1 jam in about 500rnds and that was due to a dirty gun. Awesome round, try em out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#25]
My 2 cents:

Eley is pretty good, also use a lot of Federal bulk.....CCI is awesome for those that can afford to shoot it on a regular basis.  My uses don't justify using a lot of the higher price stuff....Federal is usually the one that makes my toys happy.  If you want performance non-stop, I vote CCI.  If you are on a budget, I've had real good results with the Federal's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
CCI Standard velocity, Federal 711b, and Wolf MT get my vote.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I know I'm on the short list, but for my plinking Remington Golden Bullet works the best for me.  I used to shoot Federal bulk packs until I got a squib load and the bullet lodged in the barrel.  I've never shot wolf, but Winchester seems to be pretty accurate in my guns for more serious work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Wolf is SK by another name, and yes it's super accurate and reliable. I use it in my AR conversion and it holds under 1\4" ay 50'. I use Aguila SV for bullseye. It's cheap, accurate, reliable, and most of all available.

Originally Posted By DOA:

Link Posted: 9/18/2010 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I've used the Remington bulk boxes as plinking ammo for years, despite the occasional dud, and CCI Mini Mags for hunting. Killed a lot of Tree Rats with Yellowjackets back in the hazy days of youth too. Been planning to try some Federal bulk as it's cheap at Wally World here, glad to hear it's worked so well for so many.
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]

CCI Standard

Clean, accurate and reliable.

I won't tolerate unreliability out of any ammo.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I fed my MKII a healthy helping of Federal Value Packs and not one hiccup.
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mak0:

this

I am in this camp..
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Eley and Lapua, look at what all the competition shooters use. I shoot Eley in my 40x

Link Posted: 1/1/2011 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#35]
CCI MiniMags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Really depends on what type of shooting you plan to do.

But out of the list CCI Standard Velocity is the best bang for the $ , for reliability in an array of guns and for consistancy/accuracy .... from pistol to rifle. Very Very popular 22LR round in Bullseye Pistol / Standard Pistol competition.

For a HV plinking/hunting round I'd second the CCI Mini-Mags.

Small Bore / Silhoutte comp break out the $$$ for the good stuff ...Tenex / SK-Wolf / RWS / Fiocchi / Lapua etc....That small bore bull is tiny.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#37]
For self defense training/practice I use Remington Golden Bullet. I am guaranteed to have opportunities to conduct failure drills.

For general plinking, Federal or Winchester bulk pack.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CaptSchofield:

If you were that close you could have shot it in the ear, They'll drop every time from an ear shot. You could of even made a heart/ lung shot or base of the skull in back of the head. That works too, ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I voted for CCI because it has never given me any problems, but I dont shoot much of it because of the price. I mostly shoot Federal Champion bulk and it rarely gives me any problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dphill:
Federal Auto Match

This stuff is the cats ass.

I had a box of Rem thunderbolts to waste and a box of this stuff.  While more expensive well worth the cost.

The remingtons failed to fire 1 of 10 shots.  Fed AM went bang every time.

Reminton charges were inconsistant as evedenced by sound and recoil.

Fed auto match didnt seem to recoil as much.

Fed auto match smoked like black powder but seemed cleaner and was absolutly more accurate.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red-Leg] [#41]
I used to swear by the Federal bulk packs, but have found the quality has suffered in recent years.

For general plinking, I shoot Winchester.  I really used to love the Dynapoints in 22LR...accurate, quiet, and inexpensive.  They were discontinued several years back but I believe they re-introduced them in the last year or two, though I don't believe they are the same load.

For informal competition & target shooting, the CCI Blaser has been outstanding.

For formal competition & target shooting, it's either Wolf or Eley.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mak0:

this

This +1
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]

This. I voted for both. Love the CCI Mini Mags. Federal bulk pack has always been good. Remington not so much.

I'm sure there are other accurate/reliable brands, but I haven't used them.

Link Posted: 5/26/2011 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#44]

This.

For banging at silhouettes or bowling pins, up close, Fed bulk or Rem bulk Golden Bullets.
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#45]
CCI mini mags get my vote if I was stuck with one load the rest of my life, the 40 grain. It works in my Marvel conversion unit for my 1911 and everything else.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#46]
A LOT has to depend on your personal performance demands- if you shoot serious 22 competition 22 benchrest or bullseye none of the bulk stuff or anything short of eley tenex or similar at 10 bucks plus per 50 won't do. If you are aweekend plinker anything will do. In affordable ammo anything from CCI has been my first choice
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I used to do a bit of biathalon.  We shot Eley Tenex exclusively.   The stuff is outstanding.  Eley has their own patent on their .22 primer process.  I rarely if ever had a problem.    Like most folks, I've had a few very finicky semi autos (10/22, browning buckmark, a high standard), pretty much across the board WWB worked for me.   One other brand I've tried is Aguila (but only in a bolt gun)...very good ammo, and very accurate.    If you check out the CMP website, they have .22 target ammo up for a good price on a regular basis.  Worth looking into.   Anyone tried this Centurion Brand Ammo?

https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=product&ID=419ASVGE&item=&sfv=&cat=AMC&desc=&udc=&mct=&vndr=&ba=&pmin=&pmax=¬e1=¬e2=¬e3=¬e4=¬e5=&max=

PG
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#48]
It seems age is quite an important factor in the 22 ammo
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]
All around CCI FTW!

Not too sure about blazer .22lr though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#50]
And the $9.95 after tax Federal 550 value packs were the shit!

Now that they're $18 a box the quality seems to have dropped somewhat....go figure
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top