User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the P17 since it's what I want in a 22LR:  small, light, high-capacity, and reliable. I picked up a black one for $169 and love it, so when I saw a green one the other day for the same price, I grabbed it.

NOTE:
I DID see a guy selling a spare mag on gunbroker, but he wanted like $35-$40 and $10 shipping--too pricey for me for a plinker. That said, it may be the ONLY extra mag we see for awhile...if ever. The mags do seem a bit cheap, so I'd love to buy a 3-pack from KT for like $60.
View Quote

Mags.    https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/p17-16rd-magazine/
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Update for all folks with a P17: after research (and some trials) I have come to believe that the only combo of light/laser working (i.e., fitting) properly on our P17 is the Olight Baldr; there may be others that fit but I don't think it would be a combo of light and laser as in this case.

The fit is in fact ideal - pic for you

P17 with Baldr Olight by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]

must be a month's worth of production lol

tan does look better than black TBH

ETA I told my FFL to get a tan one
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! First thing my wife said when I showed her the P17 I impulse bought at Sportsman's was "why did you buy another 22 pistol"....

Then she shot it, then claimed it as "hers" She not only loved the feel but shoot's it better than the S&W 22 compact I bought FOR HER  

I'll pick up the first FDE/Tan one I find for me....
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy shoots with some of the guys from Kel Tec in Cocoa. He took his black P 17 in and they swapped it for a tan frame. It’s good to know people. Also I bought a P 17 from Academy. It shoots everything. 300 rounds in I had to failure two extract and that was using browning ammo. That’s after a variety of CCI, thunderbolt,Remington Golden Bullets, Aguila, it  even  cycled two rounds of 22 short and they both fed and ejected. My rear sight did lose windage. I put a couple drops of Loctite on the threads and so far it’s good to go. Magazines are available through their website. I only live 30 minutes from the factory so if anything happens I’ll take it back to them personally. The trigger is awesome, the ergonomics are Good. I love this little pistol. I’m gonna buy a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Instead of editing my post I will say the two failure to extract was right out of the box no cleaning no lube. (After the first 300 rounds) On the second Range trip out I shot probably close to 500 without a single failure in any form or fashion. It’s a straight shooter and with such little recoil you can stay on a 6 inch gong pretty much through the whole mag.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Heck I just want to find one in stock. Would prefer the OD green tho.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Welp, I found the Tan model in stock, received it yesterday. The trigger SUCKS!!! no wall, just take up until the trigger touches the trigger housing then with more pressure the trigger finally releases the hammer This trigger is NOTHING like the trigger on my first P17.

Took it out this morning and shot 6 mags, functioned fine but no change in the trigger and my wife said the trigger sucks so its going back to Kel-tec.

I spoke with customer service and they're sending me a shipping label. I hope they can get it returned fairly quick with a trigger that's at least close to as good as my 1st P17's trigger....
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Might want to check out the Taurus TX22 also.

It's a full size pistol with a Glock style trigger that holds 16+1 and has a threaded barrel to boot!
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got one (pictured).

IF it feels cheap to some, it's because it is meant to be: it's truly (in normal times) a less-than-USD200 handgun in .22LR from a US company here in FL (Kel-Tec). Personally I love them and their products.

I say again, it may feel cheap to some (it's super light) but it's intended; it's intended to be light, simple and yet it's unique.
I love mine. Will suppress it shortly (just got here in FL, working on my CCW first then all the rest will come).

I also have a Key-Tec sub2000 in 9mm I love. Love Kel-Tec!

PS MCARBO (google them) make a great trigger for the P17; just got it but haven't installed it yet.

Enjoy well made US products.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50353556597_3b087058cf_b.jpgKel-Tec P17 by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

If you haven't installed trigger how do you know it’s “great”?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you haven't installed trigger how do you know it's "great"?
View Quote
Because of the reputability of MCARBO. Do you know them?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I do. I have one of their triggers in my marlin 60. Its better than stock but I wouldn’t dare call it great without having taken it to the range.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do. I have one of their triggers in my marlin 60. Its better than stock but I wouldn't dare call it great without having taken it to the range.
View Quote
I stand corrected until range time, I will be calling it for now, greater than stock

Yes?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I picked one up about a month ago. Have shoot the snot out of it.
Plus= runs great. Has had a few fails with Remington golden bullet ammo.
I’ve fired mini-mag, Aquila, thunderbolt, in it so far.
Bought some extra mays direct from Kel-Tec.
Super easy to clean.

Thought I had a real winner.
Then i noticed it kept losing zero. Rear sight doesn’t hold position.
So I couldn’t depend on it.
Took the rear sight apart to study it.  Be careful. It has two tiny springs in it the will jump out.
I may he forced to locktite the sight adjustment screws or maybe stick on a RDS.

Right now I’m piddling with a new Taurus TX-22.
So far it seems the better gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top