Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 10:02:58 AM EDT
pawn shop find. rough shape. missing or broken head on a couple grip screws. whats it worth cash?

Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one for $225 a few months ago.

6" fixed sight in about 85% condition.

Mine was also missing a grip screw, but GPC had them in stock for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If that was in front of me I'd be offering $200 OTD.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a  622 in perfect condition.  I wouldn't expect to get more than $225 for it.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for that 422.  Honestly, I don't like them that much and prefer my M&P22 to the 622/422 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
We had three in our club.  They were a disaster.  Constant parts breakage.  The takedown piece in particular broke on all three and it was hell finding replacements.  Long out of production, I doubt Smith supports the platform anymore (not that they ever did).  

For some reason these are popular as a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
The barrel rides low in the slide so you can use stock sights when suppressed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This usually isn't an issue when compared to common bull barrel pistols like the SW22 Victory and Ruger MKIII MKVI pistols, but it is the reason that I had a 2214 as a suppressor host at one time.

OP, the grips and screws are easy enough to come by, as well as tools to work with the barrel, replacement firing pins and retainers, recoil springs, magazines, etc.

The only thing is that some of the used guns don't always come with the old takedown tool, but you can normally improvise.

In a more beatup condition, I normally see these go from $250 to $400, and would myself pay around $300 were I looking to have one (personally not my choice of rimfire gun).
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $275 for a compact one and was happy to get it around 3 months back.  A full size would be less, depending on condition.  

(I also haz a full sized 422 and 2206)  

Definitely worthwhile to buy a spare firing pin.  Aftermarket ones are available and I believe they are made better.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We had three in our club.  They were a disaster.  Constant parts breakage.  The takedown piece in particular broke on all three and it was hell finding replacements.  Long out of production, I doubt Smith supports the platform anymore (not that they ever did).  

View Quote
Problem is the barrel nut seats on the aluminum frame and is somewhat difficult to get concentric with the bore.  It can be done.  Sometimes it takes a half hour, sometimes it takes two hours. I was beginning to think my compact 422 was bent, but then everything fell into place.  

I lost a frame screw and S&W from the past sent me one free.  My brother also has a 422 and we have put tons of rounds through them.  His looks like it got the driveway treatment, yet still runs and runs.  No issues at all.  

Consider I love these guns, yet I also own a Model 41. 
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Problem is the barrel nut seats on the aluminum frame and is somewhat difficult to get concentric with the bore.  It can be done.  Sometimes it takes a half hour, sometimes it takes two hours. I was beginning to think my compact 422 was bent, but then everything fell into place.  

View Quote
@wildearp
Could you explain this in more detail ?
I got an EWK adapter for my 422 but have been getting very light end cap strikes with my Spectre 2 .
I've removed the adapter and cleaned the barrel threads / seating surface several times with no luck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I tighten the adapter and place a mark on it with a sharpie.  I then remove it and lap the base of the adapter at a slight angle in the direction to correct the misalignment and then retorque and test again.  If you remove the bolt, you can sight down the barrel and see the misalignment. Once it is correct, you will know.  A bore rod helps if you happen to have a correctly sized one. If there is a more "right" way to do this, I don't know what it is.  Perhaps sending it off to Gem-tech for a fitting, but that may be too much $$$. 

My shorty took many attempts to get it right. 

@JRoy
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tighten the adapter and place a mark on it with a sharpie.  I then remove it and lap the base of the adapter at a slight angle in the direction to correct the misalignment and then retorque and test again.  If you remove the bolt, you can sight down the barrel and see the misalignment. Once it is correct, you will know.  A bore rod helps if you happen to have a correctly sized one. If there is a more "right" way to do this, I don't know what it is.  Perhaps sending it off to Gem-tech for a fitting, but that may be too much $$. 

My shorty took many attempts to get it right. 

@JRoy
View Quote
Thank you.
I'll give that a shot.
Strikes are very light, but enough to throw the bullet left a fair amount.
Sorry about derailing the thread guys, but this is good information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top