Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 6:57:45 PM EDT
Stopped in LGS today for some CCI Mini-Mag that was on sale. Looked at handgun counter and they had Ruger Mark IV Standard in both 4.75 & 6" barrel length. Both felt good and balanced well. But the 4.75" barrel was reaching out to me.

Price on both was $324 plus sales tax. Cheaper than GB. Is this a fair price? May go back tomorrow and pick one up. Prices seems very fair. Thx.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a pretty good price from a gun shop.

gun.deals list other online places that are cheaper, but you would have to factor in shipping and a transfer fee when picking up.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/ruger%2B40104?view=list
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
At that price I'd fo...
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a pretty good price from a gun shop.

gun.deals list other online places that are cheaper, but you would have to factor in shipping and a transfer fee when picking up.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/ruger%2B40104?view=list
View Quote
Thanks MAJORSDAD for this link. If I find time today I'll stop in .F.F.F. in the new Milan store where I saw it (4.75" barrel length) yesterday. Or possibly the Ashland main store since I'll be on a bike trip to Mohican Lake area south of there today. My FFL charges me $20 for transfer fee which is fair. But $324 plus sales tax is cheaper than GB or gun.deals when I add shipping and my transfer fee. Good to know. Already ordered a two pack of Ruger OEM 10rd MKIII/MKIV magazines off esteal for $34.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Today I purchased a new Ruger Mark IV Standard w/4.75" barrel. I liked it's balance a little more than the 6". The feel and balance is just about right to me. The only complaint so far is the trigger. Long and creepy before it breaks. I hope it will clean itself up once I start shooting it. And the shop raised the price $25 since last weekend. Said it was on sale then? Ok.....

Purchased it for plinking and possibly some small game hunting (squirrel). My Buckmark with adjustable sights and a better trigger still at this point is #1 for hunting. But maybe this new MKIV Standard will give it a run for it's money. We'll see. Maybe down the road I'll throw an optic on it. I'll see what the future brings.

Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Fo, everyone needs a Ruger Standard of some type

I own five Mark series standards: 2ea Standards, 2ea Mark II Standards, and 1ea Mark III Standard....now I need a Mark IV Standard
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I really want a MK4 seeing how much I love my 3.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it possible to upgrade the iron sights on these?  Or are you stuck with the ones it comes with?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Gotta love the classic ray gun look of the standard.

At that price, it'd be hard to pass it up. And they even have the takedown button!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang'it, you made me buy one. I had a credit at my LGS anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You buy the "Standard" model for those sights and the skinny barrel.

There are aftermarket sights available but you'd be better off just buying a target model to begin with.
View Quote
Yep, standards are just that, No fancy sights or optics.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I find that on most pistols  with adjustable sights I tend to adjust windage a bit then never touch them for years . Tiny fixed sights (like on S&W airweights) are dificult to pick up but full sized fixed sights work pretty well.

My point is the fixed sights on a Ruger Standard model work pretty well.

Triggers on a Mark 4 don't impress
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Today I purchased a new Ruger Mark IV Standard w/4.75" barrel. I liked it's balance a little more than the 6". The feel and balance is just about right to me. The only complaint so far is the trigger. Long and creepy before it breaks. I hope it will clean itself up once I start shooting it. And the shop raised the price $25 since last weekend. Said it was on sale then? Ok.....

Purchased it for plinking and possibly some small game hunting (squirrel). My Buckmark with adjustable sights and a better trigger still at this point is #1 for hunting. But maybe this new MKIV Standard will give it a run for it's money. We'll see. Maybe down the road I'll throw an optic on it. I'll see what the future brings.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/bwagss/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-10/20171008_160642_zpstogq5rzr.jpg
View Quote
I picked mine up today. Yours has the safety marked with a S, Mine is just a white dot and red dot. thought that was odd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
screws for mount on top?
View Quote
yes
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I picked mine up today. Yours has the safety marked with a S, Mine is just a white dot and red dot. thought that was odd.
View Quote
It relates to the recall they have on them. The S is a gun that was subject to the recall and has been retrofitted already.

I impulsed bought a Mk IV 22/45 Lightweight tonight. S/N starts with 500 so not subject to recall. White dot, no S.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It relates to the recall they have on them. The S is a gun that was subject to the recall and has been retrofitted already.

I impulsed bought a Mk IV 22/45 Lightweight tonight. S/N starts with 500 so not subject to recall. White dot, no S.
View Quote
Thanks, just watch their video explaining that. Mine is 500+
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top