Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 12:52:19 PM EDT
Posted a week ago in the Ruger subforum with no reply, so I'll try again over here.

Quoted:
Since both the MkIV "Tactical" models are out, and come with sights, I'm thinking I'll sell my 22/45 MkIII & replace it with one of these.

Since I'm now completely divested of 1911-type pistols, I'm wondering if there's still a reason to stick with the 22/45, or if the standard model would suit my needs better.

Main purpose is to be a trainer to get comfortable with red-dot use on my 10mm G40.  Secondary use as an in-the-dark suppressed critter-getter - hence the Tactical models with the under-barrel flashlight mount. 

Is one of the "grip angles" closer enough to the G!0¢k setup to help develop muscle memory?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are that sensitive to grip angle you need to get out and shoot more. My friends call me a freak of nature but I do not think of myself as some sort of wizard- I can pick up a glock shoot a mag then a revolver shoot six then a 1911 and shoot seven and all the groups are on top of each other. Really should not matter. Fundamentals are fundamentals pick up a gun shoot it. Either one what’s at a better price
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure that my general issue is grip angle, but I haven't been able to shoot the G40 well as of yet.  I've not noticed huge issues bouncing back & forth between iron-sighted Glocks, revolvers, Berettas, and my former 1911. 

In trying to learn to shoot the red dot, I realize I need to shoot more - picking up one of these .22's will help to accomplish that.  Just wanting to see if anyone has noticed a closer similarity between one of the options and the one I'm trying to learn to shoot better.  It sounds like in your experience, it hasn't been an issue. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Any reason you would not just get a 22 kit for your Glock?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  If you want to train on the Glock but want to do it with .22.......well.....I'd say this would be a good answer as to the best approximation of the pistol you are training on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.  If you want to train on the Glock but want to do it with .22.......well.....I'd say this would be a good answer as to the best approximation of the pistol you are training on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've considered it, but:
1. I haven't been able to find a conversion kit that's set up for a red dot. 
2. I haven't seen any information on people having one milled. 
3. Threaded barrels (if available) are another $130 or so.

Looks like $325 for a kit + $100 for milling if it's possible + 130 for an add'l threaded barrel would run me around $550 (plus shipping), while I can get into either of the Rugers for $450 or less. 

If I'm missing something that's on the market, I'm all ears. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top