Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2017 11:27:29 PM EDT
Which do you prefer? Disadvantages/advantages to each? I've got a Mk 3 I love but wanted to pick up a tactical for the threaded option. I don't mind the mark III grip but I like the feel of a 1911 as well. Can't decide between the 22/45 and the mark IV.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a 4 22/45 lite for the supressor.
My wife has the III.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like both and have a few of them. If you're going to buy a suppressor I don't think the III/IV come with threaded barrels but could be wrong. I just bought a 22/45 Tactical that is a bit heavy but shoots really nice if you like the weight and feel of a 1911. The Mark III/IV are both way more accurate than I am. Ignoring the potential for being a suppressor host, I like my Mark IV Hunter best so that's what I voted for. But the 22/45 is nice...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like both and have a few of them. If you're going to buy a suppressor I don't think the III/IV come with threaded barrels but could be wrong. I just bought a 22/45 Tactical that is a bit heavy but shoots really nice if you like the weight and feel of a 1911. The Mark III/IV are both way more accurate than I am. Ignoring the potential for being a suppressor host, I like my Mark IV Hunter best so that's what I voted for. But the 22/45 is nice...
View Quote
I just bought a 22/45 Tactical as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but I'll be taking it to the range over the next couple of weeks. Glad to hear you like yours.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Owning both, I'm amazed to see the 22/45 ahead in the poll since the MKlll and MKlV are far superior in every way except for acting as a suppressor host.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top