Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 10:55:36 PM EDT
I went to the range earlier to get some shooting in while everyone was watching football.  I took out my Model 41 as usual and put maybe 100 rounds through it today.  I have no idea how many thousands of rounds are through it at this point, I have owned it for about a decade and the gun is way older than I am.  It had a cocking indicator.  In any case, I feed it nothing but CCI standard, and I have changed out the recoil spring in 2012 or so I think.  I noticed this today while cleaning (sorry for the lack luster photos).  I'm not sure if this is just the first time I have noticed it because I am cleaning this for the first time on a new bench in a new house with decent lighting for once.  There is a similar mill mark on the opposite side but it doesn't seem as deep and I think if it was cracked I would see something through the metal on the exterior surface, no?  I think I am just overreacting and the gun has probably been like this for 60 plus years and I just never noticed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
My 41 looks the same no worries
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's a mill mark.  Don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I assumed as much.  I really don't know how I missed it all of these years.  It is kind of nice to have an actual work bench just for gun stuff now with nice lighting, really should have done this years ago.  Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top