Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2017 8:35:06 AM EDT
There is a guy selling a .22LR Walther PPK/S across the state for $250 used.

Pistol looks to be in like-new condition and comes with the adapter for a suppressor.

I already have an M&P 22 Compact that is my go to rimfire pistol, so this would be purely a fun gun.

It'll be a 1.5 hour drive.  Should I buy it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump, going to pick this gun up Friday.

Should I fo?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

Its airsoft garbage that fires .22
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.

Its airsoft garbage that fires .22
View Quote
Are you saying this because you don't like suppressed .22?

Or because the product is actually not worth the money?

All of the Walther replicas in .22LR that I own have been great firearms.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a very very big difference between old walther pistols and the new walther ppk pistols coming from german made by umarex

need pictures or details to understand what this is
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a very very big difference between old walther pistols and the new walther ppk pistols coming from german made by umarex

need pictures or details to understand what this is
View Quote
I assume it's made by Umarex.

Here's some pics of the box:

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, it's an Umarex clone rather than an actual Walther PPKs and it isn't even magazine compatible with a real PPKs.

I'd pass.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I also would pass as in my option the PPK/S can't match or do anything better or in cases not as good as your MP 22 Compact. The Ruger SR22 with its interchangeable grip inserts along with a great reliability well as accuracy puts it in the same category as the MP 22 Compact.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I own both an Umarex/Walther PPK/S and a German made Walther PP in .22 LR - the British issued L66A1.

This will surprise some folks, but the Umarex PPK/S shoots just as well as the Walther PP.  

It's very much a Walther design.  The major differences are the use of a barrel liner in the PPK/S .22 LR (although the barrel shroud presses into frame in the same manner as the PP's barrel) and a lower level of finish on the internal parts to reflect the lower price point.

The magazine on the newer PPK/S .22LR is a much better design that feeds the .22 LR much better than the older Walther design.  It presents the rounds at a better angle, and the design allows for more stagger at the rim which helps prevent rim lock.   The new design extends into the finger rest, so a flat base magazine isn't an option - but it feeds reliably with a full 10 rounds, where the PP magazine will mis-feed occasionally when loaded with more than 8 rounds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top