Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2017 12:43:20 AM EDT
I just got my new kanewolf slingshot bolt stop installed today. A couple questions.

1. Is it supposed to disable using the slide stop to release the bolt?

2. What keeps the plunger and spring from coming out of the frame? I'm worried it will walk out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This is all I have:

Install video
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got my new kanewolf slingshot bolt stop installed today. A couple questions.

1. Is it supposed to disable using the slide stop to release the bolt?

2. What keeps the plunger and spring from coming out of the frame? I'm worried it will walk out.
View Quote

1 No
2 Spring pressure ........ it didn't in 2k~ rounds

I installed one on my wifes pistol the gun wasn't reliable before it was installed ...... the kane wolf seemed to work half assed at making the gun slingshot.
Removed parts sent gun to ruger they completely rebuilt gun runs perfect now...... never reinstalled the parts.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1 No
2 Spring pressure ........ it didn't in 2k~ rounds

I installed one on my wifes pistol the gun wasn't reliable before it was installed ...... the kane wolf seemed to work half assed at making the gun slingshot.
Removed parts sent gun to ruger they completely rebuilt gun runs perfect now...... never reinstalled the parts.
View Quote
That's weird then. I can't drop the slide with the bolt stop if there's an empty magazine inserted. It drops without the magazine inserted though. I'm going to take her out in the morning and test it.

I'm glad yours didn't fall out. I guess since it locks back every 10 rounds, it helps keep it in place by recentering it.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's weird then. I can't drop the slide with the bolt stop if there's an empty magazine inserted. It drops without the magazine inserted though. I'm going to take her out in the morning and test it.

I'm glad yours didn't fall out. I guess since it locks back every 10 rounds, it helps keep it in place by recentering it.

Thanks for the info.
View Quote
I guess i could be wrong it's been a while but i sure don't remember it doing that. I know for a fact it drops on an empty mag with the factory parts in....

ETA I'm talking about a mkIII 22/45 lite.............. maybe that makes a difference
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess i could be wrong it's been a while but i sure don't remember it doing that. I know for a fact it drops on an empty mag with the factory parts in....

ETA I'm talking about a mkIII 22/45 lite.............. maybe that makes a difference
View Quote
Mine is a MKIII 22/45/Tactical Solutions paclite. I'll test it to see if it drops with loaded mags and I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, so I shot 100 rounds through it this morning. The problem seemed to have corrected itself.

When I loaded it, it the bolt stop dropped on a loaded mag when using the button. After I was done shooting it, I tested It with an empty mag and the issue went away. Who knows.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Even though I got the Kane wolf bolt stop working, I wasn't comfortable with the spring and detent.

I switched to the Majestic Arms extended bolt stop and I'm much happier now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even though I got the Kane wolf bolt stop working, I wasn't comfortable with the spring and detent.

View Quote
Thats a good looking part.  If i ever decide to take that monster apart again i might try it.

I know people say it aint that bad but thats the biggest pita i've ever dealt with
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
What were you not comfortable with in regards to the spring and detent?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What were you not comfortable with in regards to the spring and detent?
View Quote
I'm worried they can be knocked out by an object. If you accidentally push it out if alignment, the bolt stop doesn't work.

Irrational? Probably.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm worried they can be knocked out by an object. If you accidentally push it out if alignment, the bolt stop doesn't work.

Irrational? Probably.
View Quote
It uses the same retention system Ruger does. To each there own though, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It uses the same retention system Ruger does. To each there own though, thanks for the reply.
View Quote
They are located in different places. The Kanewolf bolt stop has the detent and spring to the top. Ruger's defent and spring is to the right side of the bolt stop button and it's not going anywhere.

Here's a comparison of the three. The way the Majestic Arms bolt stop is made, the detent extends into the button, which keeps the spring and detent captured inside.

Comparison
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Valid point, thanks for the comparison photos.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Valid point, thanks for the comparison photos.
View Quote
NP brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top