Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
While cleaning out a friend of the families house a .22lr revolver was found, being NY we had to temporarily surrender it to the police until paperwork can be taken care of and it can be added to my permit. I snapped a pic before they came, it's nothing fancy, just an old H&R 622, but it's my first .22 revolver. It's a little small for my hands. I know it's not anything fancy or amazing, but given who it belonged to, I'm proud to have it and wouldn't sell it. It's in beautiful condition and still has the box.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Great, solid little working mans revolver.   My pop bought an older one for my mom years ago, and my sister still uses it today on the farm for snakes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great, solid little working mans revolver.   My pop bought an older one for my mom years ago, and my sister still uses it today on the farm for snakes.
View Quote
Solid doesn't seem to do it justice, for it's size i thought the whole thing was made of uranium or something.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
While cleaning out a friend of the families house a .22lr revolver was found, being NY we had to temporarily surrender it to the police until paperwork can be taken care of and it can be added to my permit. I snapped a pic before they came, it's nothing fancy, just an old H&R 622, but it's my first .22 revolver. It's a little small for my hands. I know it's not anything fancy or amazing, but given who it belonged to, I'm proud to have it and wouldn't sell it. It's in beautiful condition and still has the box.

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t340/rayfan87/2017-06-21%2020.04.56.jpg
View Quote
Sorry you have to give your own property to the state so they can say you can have said property.
That's a bunch of shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry you have to give your own property to the state so they can say you can have said property.
That's a bunch of shit.
View Quote
Yeah WTF?

I'm stoked you found something cool OP. But sad you live in police state.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the trigger usable ? Seems the one I had a chance to shoot years back would make you grunt before it fired.

Hopefully the one I had a chance at was just a turd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah WTF?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a bunch of shit.
Yeah WTF?

Because NY requires all pistols owned be on your permit and he didn't have one this was the only course of action to get it put on mine. Once the paperwork is done I can pick it up and see just how well it shoots. I'm not a fan of the laws, but I'm not going to have an illegal pistol when I can have a legal one. It may take a couple weeks to get all the forms, but there's nothing I can do about that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the trigger usable ? Seems the one I had a chance to shoot years back would make you grunt before it fired.

Hopefully the one I had a chance at was just a turd.
View Quote
Haven't had a chance to pull it to the breaking point, I didn't have any snapcaps with me, but it seems a little heavy but smooth. I'll know more once I can get to the range.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...there's nothing I can do about that.
View Quote
except....

NYC ruined NYS just like LA ruined California and Chicago ruined Illinois...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

except....
https://20594-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/CHHJ-House-Movers-296.png

NYC ruined NYS just like LA ruined California and Chicago ruined Illinois...
View Quote
It's in the plans, but takes time and money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The H&R revolvers are nice, reliable shooters, but as has been stated, some of them have a really hard last 1/16" or so of DA trigger pull.
The hammers are oversized, which can be a good thing if you are shooting them SA.  The finishes aren't too bad, but you have to keep them more oiled up than say a S&W.
HKS actually makes speedloaders for the nine shot H&R .22's.  I don't know if they do for any of the other capacity revolvers.
If I'm not mistaken, Pachmayr used to make their compac rubber grip for that model, which would be more hand filling, and it may be worth searching for.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, the paperwork is in, now it's just getting everything signed and then submitted. Hopefully I can take possession of the revolver this week.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The saga ended today. The 622 (and a couple old S&Ws) are where they belong. I'll be able to take it to the range next time I go.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Any range report?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
My bad, forgot about this thread. Took it to the range a couple weeks ago along with a 10/22 I picked up auction. Accuracy wasn't bad, and the trigger was decent, but I don't think it'll be one I shoot very often. I think it took longer to load and unload than to shoot the six rounds even in single action. Double action aiming is more of a guess due to the high hammer. She'll probably spend most of the time in the box in the safe unless I have a new shooter that wants to try a revolver. I'll stick with my MK1 for the average range trip and am looking into another .22lr revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top