Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2017 10:42:16 AM EDT
Just picked up a PMR30 for $369.99 & free shipping (no tax). Used slickguns to find the deal. At the bottom of the page it had the ammo search engine looking for 22mag and the cheapest option was this.

Anyone have any experience with this brand of ammo?

Who is making it?

How picky is the PMR30 when it comes to ammo?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for OP.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess no one has tried this stuff. Did see one guy on KTOC that said it worked fine in his PMR30 so going to give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's rebranded Armscor ammo.

It'll run OK, but out of my PMR 30 it's the worst in terms of accuracy.

It also leaves more unburnt powder in my gun than other brands. You'll see what looks like grains of brass in your pistol. So plan to clean on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
PMR's can be finicky with ammo. But my experience is that the gun needs thoroughly cleaned prior to shooting. Mine worked but would hang up on stripping some rounds from the mag. I took it apart and cleaned it and the oil off and reassembled it with Dow GN assembly grease. It has run like a scolded ape since with any ammo. To the person above who has had poor accuracy, make sure it is not key holing. KT will replace the barrel and fix that issue and the accuracy will be there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To the person above who has had poor accuracy, make sure it is not key holing. KT will replace the barrel and fix that issue and the accuracy will be there.
View Quote
Nope, not keyholing, just very inconsistent groups vs any other brand in either 30 or 40 gr. When I first got my PMR-30 Armscor was the only stuff available

Thanks for pointing that out about cleaning, I'd forgotten to mention that. I had some feed issues starting around my 4th or 5th range outing, found large amounts of unburnt powder and thought it was bits of brass. But my spent casings were clean, found out it was unburnt rimfire powder. Guess Armscor uses a slower burning powder that doesn't completely burn in the short barrels.

A good deep cleaning and my issues were gone. Anytime someone mentions any feeding issues in their PMR that's my first question. Shooting only CCI for the past few range trips and my gun is significantly cleaner. IMHO the slightly cheaper Armscor just isn't worth the loss of performance & reliability in a PMR-30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top