Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 7:03:16 PM EDT
Please see RUGER WEBSITE for details.

Long story short; there's a chance the gun can fire if the safety isn't disengaged properly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
All my MK II's lol'd.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If you send it in to get fixed they will send you a free magazine as a thank you for complying with the recall.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
My gun is under the recall, so now I wait for the box Ruger will send my to send it back on their dime.

Gives me time to remove the Volquartsen kit I have installed and return it back to stock.
The free magazine is what got my attention to send it in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My gun is under the recall, so now I wait for the box Ruger will send my to send it back on their dime.

Gives me time to remove the Volquartsen kit I have installed and return it back to stock.
The free magazine is what got my attention to send it in.
View Quote
I've been wondering about this since I read/saw the recall. Will the volquartsen kit still work/function with the new sears ruger is installing as part of the recall???
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
This is from a email I received yesterday from Volquartsen about the very thing you are asking about...
I also just finished removing my Volquartsen MK IV Accurizing Kit from my frame in anticipation of sending it back to Ruger soon.

"As many of you already know, there has been a recent recall on the Ruger MK IV. The complete recall notice can be found here. This recall has brought with it a lot of questions in regard to how this affects those of you that have already installed our trigger components such as our MK IV Accurizing Kit.

In the testing we have done with the frames available to us we have not encountered the same issue as what this recall addresses. The one thing that we do not know as of yet is whether or not the new safety that will be installed during the recall will be compatible with our sear. This is something we are testing and will send a follow up as soon as testing is complete.

Please note that we recommend removing all Volquartsen Firearm components from your pistol prior to sending it in for the recall. Per Ruger's recall notice, aftermarket parts may not be returned with your firearm.

We know this email does not answer all of the questions surrounding this recall. Unfortunately, anything else would be speculation until we're able to test our sear with the new safety.

We will provide an update next week with any new information we have on this.

Sincerely,

Scott Volquartsen"
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is the serial number located on the blue 22/45 Lite?  I went to the Ruger website and it showed them looking at a number on the right side in front of the chamber, which is exactly where mine says "Ruger 22/45 LITE".   I bought this a year or so ago, so I'm sure it's in the recall, but need to verity.  I have a Sight Mark optic on the top rail, if that is hiding anything, but don't want to remove it just yet.  I can't get my gun to duplicate the issue requiring the recall, and intend to keep shooting it until I know for sure.

ETA:  Looking on the Ruger website, my gun isn't even listed anymore.  It's the blue one with the front gills, or cooling fins, or whatever.  I have a 3xx-xxxxx number on the LEFT side right above the grip, and when I enter that into the Ruger recall website, it says the number is in error.  Maybe mine isn't under recall?

Also just noticed my front sight is loose and the cross pin in the front of the rear sight is missing, so the rear notch part is wobbly.  I was hoping to send it back for recall and it all get fixed!  Plus a free mag.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where is the serial number located on the blue 22/45 Lite?  I went to the Ruger website and it showed them looking at a number on the right side in front of the chamber, which is exactly where mine says "Ruger 22/45 LITE".   I bought this a year or so ago, so I'm sure it's in the recall, but need to verity.  I have a Sight Mark optic on the top rail, if that is hiding anything, but don't want to remove it just yet.  I can't get my gun to duplicate the issue requiring the recall, and intend to keep shooting it until I know for sure.

ETA:  Looking on the Ruger website, my gun isn't even listed anymore.  It's the blue one with the front gills, or cooling fins, or whatever.  I have a 3xx-xxxxx number on the LEFT side right above the grip, and when I enter that into the Ruger recall website, it says the number is in error.  Maybe mine isn't under recall?

Also just noticed my front sight is loose and the cross pin in the front of the rear sight is missing, so the rear notch part is wobbly.  I was hoping to send it back for recall and it all get fixed!  Plus a free mag.
View Quote
Are you sure you don't have a Mark III, not a Mark IV? The 22/45 Mark IVs only came in copper and black so far.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
My wife owns one of those and they aren't MKlVs and thetherefore, aren't subject to this recall.

The serial number location:

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, guys, I didn't realize I didn't have a Mark IV.  I can't keep up with all of the new guns coming out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Received shipping materials Saturday (7/1/2017), packed up the receiver and dropped it off at the Post Office on Monday (7/3/2017).  Tracking indicates an arrival date of this Saturday (7/8/2017).

So if this follows the script envisioned by Ruger, I should receive an updated receiver with a complimentary mag by Saturday the 15th.  

I'll provide updates along the way.

And By The Way....Happy Fourth of July!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top