Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 7:50:20 AM EDT
I went into a gun shop a few months ago and down in the bottom of the case was a Ruger 22 single six in mint cond not even a turn line 4/5.8 barrel ,perfect grips for 349 I jumped on it its around a 1969 or 70 gun . Should I just use and shoot it ????? its nice and light . I also have  Stainless 4.5/8 22 that I do shoot it was a run that Ruger had done up a few years back . The old S/S is mint .
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why you wouldn't shoot it,it's not giving you any satisfaction just laying around. It's never going to pay for anyone's education and besides you can shoot it and take good care of it and being what it is you will get close to the same for it. To me the older guns in the shape you state are worth the price of a current new version. So you have already made your fortune on it in my book. All that being said I am a shooter and not a collector. For me what the gun could go up in value isn't even close to the value you will gain by shooting it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All that being said I am a shooter and not a collector. For me what the gun could go up in value isn't even close to the value you will gain by shooting it.
View Quote
wise words. pristine guns are not for me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you may be right , but I have a Ruger 22stainless that I do shoot and I know you never see any older 4.5/8 in 22 and for the price I took it home . I was at the same shop just 2 weeks ago and the had a 1970 or so Smith 36 with the older two piece blue box all matching grips and box with old Smith holster and ammo papers for 350 I took it also , its to nice to carry . I will shoot them when it wears off .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top