Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 10:05:48 AM EDT
Looking for some advice here...I recently checked out one of the new MK IVs (Bronze 'lite' model) and found that the bolt release required both hands to actuate (way too stiff for one-handed operation). They had a second gun in the back so I tried it also...same issue.

So, is this typical on the new MK IV lite models? I also tried one of the new MK IV models with the metal frame (Hunter model) and while stiff, you could actuate the bold release with your shooting hand...one handed operation wasn't an issue. Is this stiff bolt release associated with the polymer framed lite models only?

Thanks
dh
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at a bronze a couple weeks ago and didnt have a problem with the bolt release.  

Were you maybe trying to drop the bolt with the magazine fully inserted?   Thats always a bitch to do.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at a bronze a couple weeks ago and didnt have a problem with the bolt release.  

Were you maybe trying to drop the bolt with the magazine fully inserted?   Thats always a bitch to do.
View Quote
Good point, yes I was...i habitually do this on my 22/45 Mark II...it's pretty effortless on that one. I'll return to the store and try it with the magazine removed to see if there's a difference.

Thanks for the input!

D
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My Mk ll is difficult with the empty mag inserted too. And my 1911s.

If you think about it you hsve to depress the follower so the bolt will close.  That's where the resistance is coming from.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a 22/45 Tactical Mark IV that's pretty much impossible to drop the bolt on without slingshotting it, regardless of magazine in or out, loaded or unloaded.  I think I need to call them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
As was said above, with a magazine installed you're also pushing down the magazine spring.

What you seek is the kit from Volquartsen that removes the magazine disconnect. Things are much smoother without it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top