Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 7:16:03 PM EDT
Been looking for one of these for awhile, found today.

I'm gonna shoot the hell out of it!

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Those are great looking guns.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Well this thread is gonna cost me some money......Not sure how, but for some reason, not only did I not know anyone made a .17 handgun, but... I must have one...
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well this thread is gonna cost me some money......Not sure how, but for some reason, not only did I not know anyone made a .17 handgun, but... I must have one...
View Quote

I feel for you, I had a Keltec PMR before, fun little gun but it was ammo sensitive and could turn into a jamomatic. Won't be a problem with a revolver!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I feel for you, I had a Keltec PMR before, fun little gun but it was ammo sensitive and could turn into a jamomatic. Won't be a problem with a revolver!
View Quote

I love my .17 rifle. It's like a laser beam, I'm wondering how the round will fair from a handgun though...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I love my .17 rifle. It's like a laser beam, I'm wondering how the round will fair from a handgun though...
View Quote

I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in the velocity.  Some .22" WMRs get out over 2000 fps out of a 16" bbl.  We're well beyond soft armor piercing & into permanent wound channels @ that point.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm interested in the velocity.  Some .22" WMRs get out over 2000 fps out of a 16" bbl.  We're well beyond soft armor piercing & into permanent wound channels @ that point.
View Quote

I would be too, sadly I don't own a chrono.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Cold as hell here today, but I found an indoor range an hr from me.

This thing shoots lights out at 35yd(all they had). Gonna experiment with some different ammo but the tipped Winchesters I ran today were dead on.

Trigger is excellent, weight of the gun seems well balanced. Just a ton of fun to shoot!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cold as hell here today, but I found an indoor range an hr from me.

This thing shoots lights out at 35yd(all they had). Gonna experiment with some different ammo but the tipped Winchesters I ran today were dead on.

Trigger is excellent, weight of the gun seems well balanced. Just a ton of fun to shoot!
View Quote

Rimfire handguns are always fun.... I love my 22/45, its hands down my favorite little shooter.. Let us know when you can shoot her past 35, I can make kill shots on squirrels with my 22/45 at 75-80 from a steady rest... Im looking for those 100+ shots out of a handgun for small game.. This looks like a nice little host for small 2-7, or 1-4 optic.. How many rounds does the cylinder hold 6? or 9?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How many rounds does the cylinder hold 6? or 9?

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know of the stainless version of this gun for sale in your AO. Shoot me a PM if you want details.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a .17 Tracker several years ago.  It had the worst trigger I have ever experienced.  I called Taurus and they refused to work on it and told me if I had a gunsmith work on it, they would void all warranties.  I traded it for a BERSA .380 for my Daughter.  I'm not a Taurus hater, I 've had nothing but good lick with my other five Taurus gun's, it was just the Tracker.  Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a .17 Tracker several years ago.  It had the worst trigger I have ever experienced.  I called Taurus and they refused to work on it and told me if I had a gunsmith work on it, they would void all warranties.  I traded it for a BERSA .380 for my Daughter.  I'm not a Taurus hater, I 've had nothing but good lick with my other five Taurus gun's, it was just the Tracker.  Good luck with yours.
View Quote

I have nothing but good things to say about my Tracker(shot it again today!).

I think the trigger is great, damn thing is accurate as hell, just a blast to shoot.

I'd recommend one to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a tracker 17 back in 2005 to put a scope on and use as a truck gun for groundhogs.  The first time I pulled the hammer back, the rear of the spur busted off completely.  Taurus took care of it no questions asked, then the rest of the time I owned the gun was uneventful.  I wound up using it on pigeons more than anything else actually, it's part of the reason I have tinnitus in my left ear now (the plug slipped out and I was firing it rested on a metal siding corner)  I sold it a few years ago since it hadn't been shot in a LONG, LONG time.  It was decently accurate for what it was though.  I will never forget the first time I looked at one in a gun store the clerk told me the round was moving @ 4000+ FPS, I was only 19 at the time and LOLed at him
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I love mine, unfortunately the finish is almost warn out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I have so much fun shooting mine the barrel will probably be the first to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top