Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2016 2:20:39 AM EDT
Recently picked up a MKIII 22/45 with the suppressor ready barrel and rails. No sights.
Is it worth it to buy the TacSol PAC-lite upper? I will be putting a red dot on it at some point, but I also like having irons because they never run out of batteries.

Any preference between the 4.5" and 6" top ends for those that have swapped the top ends out?

I have a SilencerCo Sparrow that I will be running on it whenever the BATFE approves it (just submitted my F4, gonna have a LONG wait for it).

This is the first .22lr pistol I have owned in about 15 years, but I remember the PAC-lite was all the rage for a while..

Thanks for the input guys..
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
For the MKIII the paclite does away with the LCI slot.  You can delete the LCI but the slot for it will still be there (I think Ruger did away with LCI in the MKIV, but I don't think the 22/45 MKIV is out just yet).

I have the 4" upper on top of my Volqs frame.  I went with the 4" because I think the 6" would look too long with a suppressor screwed on the end.  I'm holding off on the suppressor hoping the new congress and prez will pass the Hearing Protection Act and do away with the tax stamp altogether.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top