Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2016 7:40:24 PM EDT
I have heard of a lot off issues with the LCI in the 22/45 so i purchased the Tandomkross performance kit with came with a insert to replace the LCI. There video on there website shows the pin removal done with a magnet. I have tried multiple times with various magnets and i can not get the pin to budge. The magnets are more then powerful enough to do the job. I thought of putting some penetrating oil on the pin and letting it soak but I don't know if that will do any harm to the finish. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue with my lite.

I broke the LCI in two with a pair of pliers. I then used a utility knife blade and could now pry on the LCI pin through the hole the LCI left.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't get mine to budge so I tig welded a rod to the end so I had something to pulled it out with. On another 22/45 I got, the pin came out much easier.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to take mine to a local gunsmith and use his drill press to take it out. One you start drilling into the pin it with rotate and come out when you lift the drill bit.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  I hadn't even heard of these guys.  Looks like my credit card will be getting a work-out soon.  I'll have to get that LCI bit, the mag disconnect bit, one of those Black Dog holsters, or hell might go all out and get the leather one.  Maybe a comp, maybe some trigger parts....
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Rap the upper on a 2X4 or other piece of wood. Should knock the pin out far enough you can grab it with a pair of pliers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I let oil soak in, and used a strong magnet while wiggling the LCI and tapping the whole upper (sights up) on the counter until it came out. It was not nearly as easy as the internet made it look! Lol

Don't worry about oil messing up your finish, I've used solvent and brake cleaner on mine with no effects, oil won't touch it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice!  I hadn't even heard of these guys.  Looks like my credit card will be getting a work-out soon.  I'll have to get that LCI bit, the mag disconnect bit, one of those Black Dog holsters, or hell might go all out and get the leather one.  Maybe a comp, maybe some trigger parts....
View Quote

A Volquartsen sear and a mag disconnect removal bushing (I used Tandemkross) make a BIG difference for only $40 ish I think.

I didn't bother to buy a LCI filler, I just removed the metal activation tab and stuck the plastic back in to the fill the gap.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am looking to retain the LCI and pin in case I ever sell it so I am attempting to not destroy anything.

I tried whacking it on a 2x4 and that did not help so I am soaking the pin in PB blaster for a while.

I'll update when i get it resolved.

This has given me time to address my other issue. My mags seem to get hung up when I hit the mag release. Since it was apart already I looked in the mag channel and noticed some left over flashing. I took a hex wrench with some sand paper on the end and smoothed it out, they don't drop totally free now but. it is a lot better.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
A Volquartsen sear and a mag disconnect removal bushing (I used Tandemkross) make a BIG difference for only $40 ish I think.
View Quote

A Clark trigger ($30 plus postage) completes the job. Trigger pull drops from 5-6 lbs. to about 2 lbs., plus it's a much crisper letoff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I let the pin soak for a few days in oil, it still won't come out. I was at a friends house last night that does a lot of gun work, I left it with him to get the pin out. I'll get a call when it is done.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rap the upper on a 2X4 or other piece of wood. Should knock the pin out far enough you can grab it with a pair of pliers.
View Quote

+1 that's what I did. Much easier then some other suggestions here.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of the suggestions here worked. I ended up giving it to a co-worker of my fiancee, he is an ffl and does some work on the side. He said that things was not common out without some force. He got it removed and I just got it back Thurs. night. I have not had time to try and install the new Blank, i am hoping to give it a try later today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top