Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2012 10:45:40 AM EDT
I just purchased a Browning Buckmark earlier this week. Yesterday I received my tactical solutions trail lite barrel, and installed it. While examining the pistol after I was finished, I noticed the slide seemed to be off centered, slightly to the right in the area where the barrel and slide meet. You can move the slide with your finger more towards the center. The right side of the slide seems to be almost flush with the barrel, while the left side of the slide has far more space between the edge of the barrel and the edge of the slide, not flush. My concern is whether or not this will be a problem over time causing uneven wear since it looks like the left side of the barrel will be impacted more than the right side.

Can anyone who owns a buck mark confirm whether or not their slide is similarly positioned, or evenly centered?

If this is an actual problem, is the issue with the barrel, the slide, or the frame? I took it apart and reassembled yesterday, and it looks to be the same.

I have included some photos below. The difference is slight, but it seems like it could be an issue over time. I also thought nowdays machining would be more precise, than leaving the possibility of being canted to the right.

Thanks for any information/insight

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
im not seeing an issue here?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
im not seeing an issue here?

It is difficult to capture such a slight difference, but in person it is noticeable.

The slide is canted towards the right when butted up against the barrel. There is a larger gap between wedge of slide and barrel on left side, as opposed to right side of edge of slide and edge of barrel which is flush. I was wanting to know if the slide being slightly off is normal for the buckmark, or if this will cause a problem long term, from the slide impacting the left side more than the right.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I see what you are talking about, especially in the next to last pic. I doubt if there would be a issue with more force on one side than the other but I wonder about the way the slide/extractor lines up with the bore on that. Is it reliable in feeding with multiple kinds of ammo? If it is I expect no other problems.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What stands out to me is how lop-sided the rear sight is...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top