Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2012 9:33:55 PM EDT by mekell]
My son bought a Ruger Charger and wants to scope it instead of a red dot. Anyone have any ideas for a scope for ~100-150 $?

I like the fold down tripod but don't know anything about the pistol. He also has a M111. CCI being his ammo of choice.

Comments??
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2012 4:47:02 AM EDT by Makarov]
I LOVE my Charger! Congratulations on yours!

As far as a scope, I actually had a $10 BSA scope I had laying around that I threw on the gun just to take it to the range the day I got it with the intention of getting something better later. After more than three years it is still fine with no wandering zero.

I believe Bushnell has a fixed power (4x) for ~$30 that gets good reviews on-line. Sorry I don't have the model number handy. Try OpticsPlanet (site sponsor) and look at their offerings in your price range.

My Charger will shoot ANYTHING I feed it so it gets a lot of 36gr.HV/HP Federal Bulk Pack from Wal-Mart. However, for more precision shooting I like the the Federal "Champion" 40gr. solid in the blue box which will produce a nickel-sized jagged hole @ 25yrds. That is good enough for me

IMHO the Charger is a super set-up. I have had 6yo kids consistently hit targets with it (well supervised of course) but it is still capable of delivering what is required by more experienced shooters.

ETA- It is basically a 10/22 with a short barrel so all the controls are the same. Uses standard 10/22 magazines.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:29:29 PM EDT
How heavy is it to shoot standing?

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 4:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2012 3:45:28 AM EDT by Makarov]
Originally Posted By hoppinglark:
How heavy is it to shoot standing?

Due to the eye relief of my scope, I have never fired it from a standing position. It does not feel like it would handle well being used as a traditional "handgun". However, the contour of the stock and the bipod make this gun very easy and natural to shoot from a seated or prone position. For me it is a very compact, benchrest .22.

BTW- The supplied bipod is of a Harris type design but (I believe) not actually made by Harris. However, it has proved rugged and sturdy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2012 3:42:19 AM EDT by Makarov]
This won't impress the precision .22 crowd but I am happy with it. This is 10rnds of Federal 40g. "Champion" solids @25 yards from a bench using the bipod.

Top Top