Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 6:49:50 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a few extra 14 round mags for my Para Ordinance P14, and would appreciate your suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory.  CDNN has the best price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This?

Looks like a good deal if those are the ones you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This?

Looks like a good deal if those are the ones you are talking about.

www.cdnninvestments.com/pap14414blma.html

These.  That's about the best you'll do for price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh, factory vs. Mec-Gar.  I take it the Mec-Gar mags are crap then?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I had a Mec-Gar for my P13 and it didn't run for crap.  They usually have a good rep, so I wouldn't say that's gospel.  But that Mec-Gar is a ten round.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a Mec-Gar for my P13 and it didn't run for crap.  They usually have a good rep, so I wouldn't say that's gospel.  But that Mec-Gar is a ten round.  

You have been most helpful.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have been most helpful.  Thank you.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Stick with Factory for the para. My springfield copy used para mags. I tried using the high caps that came with the pistol and the springs crapped out on the 3rd reload.

Wolf extra power springs gunsmith fit with 3 coils cut off and Dawson +2 base pads gives you some 18 rounds of 45, 17 reloadable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:14:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The only failure I've ever had with my P14 was with a MecGar mag. I think a better spring would cure it, but anymore I just stick with factory mags.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a factory hi-cap P14 mag. Doesn't run worth a shit.
Follower jams in the top, you need to wiggle it down when loading the first round.
Sometimes, it doesn't feed either, the follower or the rounds get stuck , about an inch down from the feed lips. And that's with standard WWB .45 FMJ. I also cant get more than about 9 rounds in it. And their customer service sucks. They shipped me the wrong one first, they're hard to get a hold of, their email doesn't work. No more Para Ordnance for me

My 2 Mec-Gar mags run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Only factory mags for me. The mecgars I have wont lock back the slide reliably. The followers bind in the mag.

Only thing about the factory mags is they are tough to load when new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top