Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:51:48 PM EDT
Hi, I posted in general, but it didn't go well. Anyways, I was thinking of a 1911 with a commander hammer. I really like the Kimber Custom II and the Springfield armory Parkerized Fullsize. Where can I get one for cheap? Also since I am lefty, how hard is it to put an Ambi safety on the Kimber?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:36:51 PM EDT
I've always had the opportunity to have the factory set it up, but I hear it is extremely easy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:13:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pulpsmack:
I've always had the opportunity to have the factory set it up, but I hear it is extremely easy.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:37:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 2:38:06 PM EDT by pulpsmack]
Wow, how hard was that to understand?

1. I am a lefty, and a dedicated 1911 shooter. I always order my new 1911s with an ambisafety, or If I bought one from the gun store outfitted with a standard safety I'd have it shipped to the manufacturer to have a factory safety installed so they wouldn't/couldn't weasel out of the warranty if for any reason the issue presented itself.

2. I looked at a used high end 1911 at the pawn shop with a standard safety and the guy assured me it was a no-brainer. he's done plenty of them and he would gladly install my (supplied) ambi safety for free and/or show me how to do it for myself if I bought the gun.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:47:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MT-Gun-Nut:
Hi, I posted in general, but it didn't go well. Anyways, I was thinking of a 1911 with a commander hammer. I really like the Kimber Custom II and the Springfield armory Parkerized Fullsize. Where can I get one for cheap? Also since I am lefty, how hard is it to put an Ambi safety on the Kimber?

It may drop in or it may require a little filing.
Top Top