Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:49:59 AM EDT
This gun has been passed down through my family over the years, allegedly used in WWI, but the original grips have been lost.  My dad decided to whittle his own in the '80s and subsuquently lost the 'correct' ones.  Is there any difference between the 1911 and 1911A1 grips?  We still shoot it and it's great gun, except the sights are hard to use past 10yds.  I'm just looking to get the right grips on it, clean it up, and store it for posterity's sake.  It's a piece of history, it just needs the right grips.  If I new how to post a picture I'd show you all.  Thanks for any help on a grip source.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You better learn, there, ace. Those of us with a USGI have a DUTY to share the gospel with the flock. So sayeth "The Manual"

"A public service announcement from the Church of JMB"

"Let he who casts 230 grain first clean his own bore"

Yes, I must get a better res set myself.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I found some grips from cdnn, I'll post pics shortly, not that anyone seems to be into it.  This gun is OLD I tell ya!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
tag for pics!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top