Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 12:20:17 PM EDT
I just got my first 1911 today. I was looking at some of the pic threads and saw a "Yost Custom"? What is that all about? My mothers maiden name is Yost and I wonder if there is any relation. Anyone have any info in it.

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:45:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:42:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
I just got my first 1911 today. I was looking at some of the pic threads and saw a "Yost Custom"? What is that all about? My mothers maiden name is Yost and I wonder if there is any relation. Anyone have any info in it.

Thanks,
Kris

you would only be so lucky if you are related.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:43:32 PM EDT
I'm taking into serious consideration into making a sig reading, just nobody's said anything but, just incase.

" Not associated with Tripp Research, or Related to Linda. "
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:28:53 PM EDT
Too bad, Tripp does great work!

Yost is to notch as well. I wish my last name was Swenson!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:26:40 PM EDT
Ted Yost is a top notch, stand up guy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:45:28 PM EDT
Not only is Ted top notch the guys that work for him are as well. Not to mention the work that leaves that shop is well worth the cost if not more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:04:24 AM EDT
sr45, I've had some work done by Yost-Bonitz and was completely satisfied. Had a nib Colt S70 reproduction sent directly to them from the web dealer for their 1* Elite work and they also replaced all MIM on my Kimber Warrior, bead blast and blue, best reliability package (includes matched custom action components). They are great to deal with and offer superb communication and service. If you have a concern, give them a call and they will make it right.

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:27 PM EDT
Well, I wish I could claim some heritage to Tripp Research, but it's just not so.

That and, they work too hard for me to try to claim and rights or try to through around a well-earned reputation or boost my apperance at the expense of integrity of guys that are devoted to this as they are.

Anyway, Funny thing is I'm trying to find a gun smith in my area to apprentice for now.
Top Top