Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 10:34:45 AM EDT
I put my Wilson KZ-45 up for trade. Its in Excellent Condition. A member is offering me his SA Custom Loaded Micro-Compact 1911-A1 (Bi-Tone) and $350 for my Wilson KZ-45.  The SA is in Excellent Condition. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not recommend you do the trade. The SA Micro's sometimes have operational and reliability problems.

Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
4"slide 1911 and 5"slide 1911 are reliable.
3" slide 1911's have problems, though some people do get them to work.  
It's a chance thing you'll have to decide on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
F
U
C
K

N
O

Three man has it. You are trading a WILSON for an unreliable (by design) SA

Wilson's honor their warranty no matter how many times the gun changes hands. Not so for any other popular 1911. If you want to Trade up from a KZ or you can use the cash, sell it outright. Otherwise, keep it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do it.  I have owned and shot a lot of 1911's over the years.  My personal favorite is the Wilson CQB that I currently own.  I will never part with it.  IMHO I think the only 1911 worth owning is a 5 inch government model.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wilson's honor their warranty no matter how many times the gun changes hands. Not so for any other popular 1911. If you want to Trade up from a KZ or you can use the cash, sell it outright. Otherwise, keep it.

Ummm... its a Wilson, but we're not talking about a CQB here.  We're talking about the 10 round plastic abonination that Wilson thinks is so cool.  Nobody else seems to agree with this assessment though.  

Personally, I like the Micro.  If you have a use for a VERY small 1911, its a very nice pistol.  Yes, they can be finicky, but I haven't seen one yet that wouldn't run with some kind of defensive ammo.  

I think it sounds like a fair trade, but then, I like the Micro and don't like the KZ45
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm... its a Wilson, but we're not talking about a CQB here.  We're talking about the 10 round plastic abonination that Wilson thinks is so cool.  Nobody else seems to agree with this assessment though.  

Personally, I like the Micro.  If you have a use for a VERY small 1911, its a very nice pistol.  Yes, they can be finicky, but I haven't seen one yet that wouldn't run with some kind of defensive ammo.  

I think it sounds like a fair trade, but then, I like the Micro and don't like the KZ45

HA!

Not even close. Hell, I don't like the KZ myself but any objective person can see the Wilson trumps the Springfield.

The Wilson was worth more at purchase price, and it is worth more at resale.

Factors for resale: 1. the aforementioned warranty and 2. people's desire to get a toehold into the Wilson market (yes, I have read range report after range report of gleeful shooters who bought their way into Club Wilson cheaply on a used KZ)  

Assuming there is no specific use in mind where one was nec better than the other (CCW) the WC also beats the Springfield by design.

Unless the buyer has some specific appetite for a small 1911 or has some dislike of the KZ and wants any quasi-reasonable exchange, it's an unwise trade IMO.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
F
U
C
K

N
O

Pretty much somes up my opinion.

edited because the new 1missourimule is a much kinder and gentler sort or jackass! ...and drunk!

Dude you..you are basically considering giving this other guy the trade of the century....WTF?

You are taking a serious screwing by doing this.  Sell the KZ outright for what it is really worth and then
go ....0r at least get what it is worth, never ever give it away..not for a lesser gun like  sa!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep it and save up for a micro.

I use the roach motel policy. Guns check in but they don't check out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top