Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 6:49:31 PM EDT
I am in the process of acquiring a 1911 GI Model and I wanted to do a couple small mods.

This is the one I am looking at

How hard is it to take a apart and change the trigger so it looks like this with the holes in it.  I see the parts are next to nothing.  Or get it stripped down enough to do the color scheme with the OD green bottom part? like below

Look I would like

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe a gunsmith will furnish and fit a trigger for about 30 dollars, but I definately prefer the solid trigger.  I think it is classy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Save your pennies and buy what you want the first time.  You will not be happy otherwise.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Save your pennies and buy what you want the first time.  You will not be happy otherwise.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

+1

If you are planning on keeping the gun a while.  What will the extra 5 or 6 bills mean to you down the road 20 years when you have a pistol you like and want.  As opposed to something you "settled with."  

Cut some corners for a few months, save up some jack and buy that bad boy.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Aside from sporting the ugliest production grips around I am not a fan of the WWII

I have a real USGI and the two feel like completely different animals. That said, any affordable 1911 that has a reasonable amt of quality has its place in the market IMO. JUST like everybody said... we're talking $250 at most for something that will leave its impression on you for years to come. If you bought an $800 gun in light of the $600 and it shot well, was good to you and gave you minimal hassle, would you really miss that $200 over the years???

What if you bought the $600? It wasn't really what you wanted, you weren't happy with it, all the cool kids had the $800 gun, etc. So you end up either selling the $600 gun and you have to buy a replacement now. The loss you are going to take (replacement value-money got fromn the sold gun) will easily equal or surpass you spending that initial $200 and you miss out on the regret. Sounds like a no-brainer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top