Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:36:16 AM EDT
I have a 1911 that was covnerted to 9mm, I converted it back to .45 with an IMI slide barrel and assorted other parts (The 1911 is Colt, WW1, beat to death, and has a 5 digit serial number starting 880xx)

After getting it back to where I am happy with it I now have a Slide that has Colt markings on it and has a small block inserted into it for 9mm, it is the original slide. It is also rough with little finish left.

Is there any market for older Colt parts that had been Bastardized like that? I am wanting to get some money so I can buy a Bayonet, and maybe some parts for my 1911 (bobbed hammer would be nice maybe, those 1911 not A1 models bite hard )

Just throwing out the question, if the slide is worth anything I will dig it out of my storage locker and slap it on the EE, otherwise it will just live in my big box O'parts
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:46:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:07:40 PM EDT
I'd do that except the pistol itself was missing soem of the original parts, and I lack the skills required to put the slide back to original, and to refinish it. I nly wanted it for the frame really.

I was just curious as to what such a slide might be worth unmodified for someone to do the work on, I was figurin' around $60USD but I am never sure on these things so I figured I would ask before putting it on the EE
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:52:31 PM EDT
It really depends on how the block is attached. If it's welded or pinned, it's most likely not going to be worth the trouble to anyone that has the skill to fix it, and it's worthless to anyone else. Do you have pics?

If it's silver soldered in, it can be removed quite easily. Same goes for epoxy, though I doubt that is the case. If it's silver soldered in, and the finish is not too rough, $60 is probably about fair.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:28:25 AM EDT
the Block was put in from the outside, looks like they drilled a small hole put the block in and then swelled it in the hole like a rivet to hold it in place (I don't know why, I ahve put the 9mm barrel in other .45s and it shot fine without a block)

I was just curious as to whether it was worth selling or leaving in the junk box, Colt anything seems to be in demand down south.
Top Top