Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:19:09 PM EDT
How satisfied are you with your Nighthawk gun or the custom work you received?  I just was on their site and it looks like they do full builds on customer supplied guns...so I'm considering???? Thanks for any info.  It's cool too if Trumpet wants to post pic's of his gun again too.  That gun is sweet!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
See my post below in this forum for how their customer service works.  They are alright in my book.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's been an experience.
I had to send my Talon back twice   in a month for FTF issues(it wouldn't feed at all).
On both work orders, under "work performed" it says "warranty"
Fit & finish is spot on, accurate, VERY TIGHT lock-up, & it  looks cool with the naked slide and black finish. Overall I'm happy with it.
YMMV

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]

They seem to let a lot of problems leave the shop.  The fact they fix them quickly is nice, but the rate of return seems far too great for a custom hog leg that runs more than 2 large.  

Mine is due in another week.  Hope mine breaks the trend.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they not provide a test target like some of the other custom/semicuston 1911 shops?  If they do you would think they would catch these problems.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do they not provide a test target like some of the other custom/semicuston 1911 shops?  If they do you would think they would catch these problems.

The do provide a test target and 1 spent shell casing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I really haven't had any problems with my Nighthawk GRP Recon.  I did scratch up my slidestop a bit by being a dork and they said they'd refinish it for $5.  So far it's certainly a tight gun and pulls nice groups.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top