Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 9:37:13 PM EDT
How much do decent 1911's run?  Just give me a general price range.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
$350 - $400 used for a Springfield GI to $3,500 for an Ed Brown or Nighthawk.  I recommend Colt to most, Kimber or Springfield to some.  

A loaded Springer or Kimber will have most of the features people want, like good sights, a beavertail, etc., with some lower quality internal parts.  The frames and slides are good.  A new one will run around $650.  A new Colt will have better qaulity materials, but lack some of the features.  That will set you back about $750.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks alot man :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
After owning most of the common mid range manufacturers I am back to where I started with USGI or Colts. Not as fancy but seem to work very well. 700-1000 will get you a nice 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top