Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:16:46 AM EDT
Series 80 MkIV Colt 1911 in stainless steel. Looks and feels to be bone stock, looks to have been shot very little. Fixed sights, all factory levers, factory trigger, ect....

For the gun, 2 colt 7 round mags, wood grips and factory rubber wraps, a factory case and instruction manual I am paying $679 for. Now this is a used gun, and I'm not sure if it's a killer deal, but it's pretty much exactly the gun I wanted minus a few modifications.

This gun will be used for carry purposes and just general recreation. No real competition shooting. Anyhow, I was thinking I will have a cylinder and slide Tactical 4 lb trigger installed, and an oversized mag release. I was thinking of different sights, but it isn't cut in the rear for anything different.

Since this is my first 1911, and I haven't even shot it yet, I'm not really sure if it's something I'm gonna wanna have all hand fitted and adjusted and crap... I think I'm gonna leave it alone.

Anyway, any suggestions for a 1911 newb?

PS- I noticed CDNN had a good sale on factory colt and chip mckormic mags. Might have to get me a few 8 rounders.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:44:05 AM EDT
That's about an average price, and certainly not too high. You did well. As for the C&S parts, you will need a different grip safety for the hammer to work, unless you go with the MCorps or Warp Speed set. If you use any of the Commander hammers, they extend lower in the cocked position, and you will need either a factory Commander grip safety, a factory relief cut grip safety, a drop in beavertail, or a fitted beavertail.

Congratulations on your purchase. As far as suggestions, I would see who in the Oregon Hometown forum is near you that is into 1911s, as they can probably recommend local people to work on your gun if you're so inclined. Oh, and welcome to the addiction.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:07:52 AM EDT
Well, I'd say you failed with your purchase of a Colt.

<­BR>

­

WantsRockRiverArms

J/K with ya, good grab. pay off those credit cards off, your going to need credit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 4:07:26 PM EDT by Bushwacker85]
sounds like a good deal...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:08:42 PM EDT
it has a commander hammer in it, so I don't really know what needs to be changed. I think there is a pretty good 1911 guy about 15 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:37:22 PM EDT
It's a Colt. What's not to like?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
I was thinking of different sights, but it isn't cut in the rear for anything different.

Trijicon and Meprolight both make night sights that will fit a factory Colt. I think after seeing both, I prefer the trijicon for the way it looks on the gun, but the sight picture on the Meprolight is very, very nice.
Top Top