Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:48:11 AM EDT
I had a set of Trijicon "Novak" style night sights put on my Kimber and the front sight does not sit flush on the slide. There is actually a gap between the blade part and the top of the slide. I sent it back to Trijicon and they replaced the front sight, I got it back and its still the same!!! Has anyone else run into this problem??? Every other gun I have looked at fits flush.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
It sounds like you just have a slightly shallow front sight cut. It's fairly common. How noticeable is it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:18:39 AM EDT
Check your invoice or receipt and make sure the part # is for the KIMBER sights
rather than another model. They make A LOT of sights for various 1911s.

www.trijicon.com/pdfs/nightsights.pdf

If the sight is correct , the slide may not be milled to the right depth.

Did your Kimber come with a Factory dovetail front sight?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:15:00 AM EDT
Check the spelling in your post. It sounds like you are having nocturnal problems.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
Yes they are marked for Kimber. It is noticable, you can see daylight between the slide and base of blade. I guess i will have to live with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
You can normally see daylight with any sights if you look close enough. Does it look so bad that you could slip a piece of paper underneath it? If so, you can do what I tell friends with S&W 1911s to do. Squeeze some black enamel, like Testors paint, under there. Wipe away the excess, and let it dry. There will be a little residue on the slide, but nothing a little thinner or removeron a cloth won't get rid of. Once it gets nice and hard, it should stay there a very long time. It's just a thought if the light underneath bothers you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:21:52 PM EDT
Yes you can slide probably 3 or 4 sheets of paper between them. I haven't shot it to see POI yet, so I will try that and see if it is actually too high.
Top Top