Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:21:25 PM EDT
I started out with just a matte 1991A1 Colt I picked up used, just for shits and grins.  I liked it so well I bought a new NRM Colt 80 series.  I then (like a dumbass) traded it to Crowboy for a pristine SA M7S.

I missed the NRM 80 series so I bought another one-that didn't cure my insatiable appetite for this gun, so I sold the SA M7 S I got from Crowboy and bought a WW1 Reproduction Colt 1911.  I also bought another used but not abused matte 1991A1 Colt.

Whats really silly about this new little hobby is, as a LEO I'm not authorized by my department to carry the 1911, but damn I still like 'em.

These damn things really are addicting, I really prefer the full size Government Models by Colt.
I know there's brands as good as Colt, but as I am with the AR I just prefer the company with the most experience.

There, I got that off my chest and I feel better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

LOL....what facinates me about these guns is their history, and the way they shoot!  I'm 48, been into guns all my adult life, and started looking at the 1911 about 6-7 months ago.
It's been downhill (or uphill depending on one's perspective) ever since.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bud, if it don't say USGI or Colt on it I don't buy it anymore in 1911s. Seen way to many troubles when I got into some of the other brands. I sometimes can't stand the finish blems on the Colts but at least the damn things run out of the box. This 1000 rounds breaking them in crap is pure BS.
Until you have over 20 you still have a chance to save yourself. Doubtful tho.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Ryann,  First and formost thank you for the job you do.  LEO is not an easy job to do.

Now repeat after me...."My name is Ryann and I am adicted to 1911's"

There feel better now?  Of course as you go and fondle more and are able to shoot others you will slowly become more and more addicted to the platform.  Then god help you if you get the build bug.  My friend it is o.k. though.  There is hope, you could be into fal's, ar's, class 3 and all other manner of just got to add that to my collection.

Aim Straight and Have Fun
Jon
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the full-blown 1911 disease myself.
The ony thing that hurts is my bank account.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Well Get a 1911 then!

A real 1911 is a "series 70" type WITHOUT FUCKING MIM PARTS

Try a Colt Ser 70  (And ditch the garbage MIM) or better yet,

A USGI or ungodly expensive 1911 like a Wilson Combat.

You Will Not regret the decision
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
There are far worse addictions.
1911s are indeed habit forming especially if you have the $ to buy the really good ones.

Take a look here:

Yost-Bonitz

The 1* Enhanced is IMHO the absolute best buy in a 1911.

Want to see what a 1911 can be:

Ted Yost Signature Edition Series 80 Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top