Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:16:35 AM EDT
I just got a 1911 this weekend, and it's built on a Entreprise frame, and it's wider to accept the 10 round magazine. I shot it Sunday, and it performed very well.
I tried to contact Entreprise directly, but I got no response from them.
I would like to put some nice VZ grips on it, but don't know which ones will fit, if the wide frame uses different grips.
Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:49:47 AM EDT
High cap 1911's use a different grip pannel than the single stack models. I think the Para Ord style of grip fits all the high cap models.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:08:49 AM EDT
Para grips will fit Entreprise, but will not fit Caspian or Springfield Hi-Caps, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:31:53 AM EDT
OK, just got of the phone with Entreprise,
they said Para Odnance P14 grips will work.
Now, the question is; Where do I get those!
John at VZ doesn't make them for the P14
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:12:12 PM EDT
They didn't tell you? There are several makers of aftermarket grips to fit the Para and Entreprise. Hogue makes wood and rubber. Their wood is a little thick.

Navidrex makes wood, Micarta, and wood laminate (Dymondwood). They can be found at Brownells. They are fairly popular, and many get the rosewood laminate. They come in a double diamond checkered pattern, and some come witha raised border. If you see the grips offered in a choice of new or old style, you want new style, as that's the type of frame you have.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9561&title=PARA-ORDNANCE+DELUXE+CHECKERED+GRIPS

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9558&title=PARA-ORDNANCE+DOUBLE+DIAMOND+CHECKERED+GRIPS

A company called Carbon Creations makes a grip for the Para also. It's carbon fiber, and very racy looking. They are also fairly expensive. They are very high quality.

Finally, Smith and Alexander make grips for the Para. They come in several types of wood, and are also very nice. Expect to possibly need some very minor fitting.

I'm sure there are others out there, but these are the ones I'm aware of off the top of my head. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:26:38 AM EDT
Thanks hobbs5624, your search-fu is stronger than mine!
Top Top