Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 9:33:36 PM EDT
Can anyone comment on this model?

Is the KimPro finish worth the money?

How is the trigger on the Gold Match models compared to other Kimbers?  What about on other custom 1911 in the same price range?

Does it use still MIM parts?

I heard that Kimber will use internal extractors on most of their 1911s.  Is this model one of them?

Who makes an adjustable rear sight (either with or without tritium) that fits the factory size rear dovetails?

ETA:  What is the master dealer price for this model?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The title to this thread mentions a Gold Combat and RL, and the body of the first post seems to be asking aboout a Gold Match.

I can tell you about the Gold Combat RL. I have never shot a Gold Match, so cannot comment on it.

The Gold Combat RL has rather ho-hum, fixed night sights, a superb trigger, and a barrel capable of better-than-average accuracy from a factory gun. Kim-Pro finish? I could take it or leave it, but it does seem more durable than pakerizing.

Very nice gun. Best gun kimber offers; however, at around $1,500.00 the Gold Combat RL is creeping on the heels of the price for some of the semi-custom 1911's like Rock River, Les Baer, and Nighthawk.

If you want a railed Kimber, get the Warrior or the TLE/RL, as these give you more bang for your buck. If you want a super accurate Railed 1911 made from non-mim parts, buy one of the semi-customs.

Same applies if you don't want a rail: Buy the custom or TLE, or go the semi-cusstom route.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top