Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
Ordered a 5" black Talon with a few custom touches last week.  Any other Nighthawk owners on board?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Got two.  A Talon and Enforcer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]

The Enforcer still being made?  Got any pic's of your pieces?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a Talon, but it is a SORE subject right now......
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have a Talon, but it is a SORE subject right now......

Lay it on us...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lay it on us...

O.K., here's the deal. I've had this Talon a little over a month now and it's back at the shop for the second time. The problem: after 50 rounds it won't feed at all, regardless of ammo brand and magazine. I have spoke with the guys at Nighthawk and their customer servive has been good.

That being said, when it works it is a great pistol.
Night-sights, "naked" slide, very tight lock-up, and seem to have less felt recoil than my other 1911's. I really like it, but these problems are downright maddening!

varoadking, where are you in VA? (NoVa here)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Enforcer still being made?  Got any pic's of your pieces?

I bought mine back in August.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  Talon with some mods.

Here are the pics....AGAIN!!!  

It's been flawless for the 1000 rounds I have through it.  In fact it shoots better now than when I first got it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
That is sweet.

Did it cost extra for the flush barrel to the bushing? What about the different trigger?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lay it on us...

O.K., here's the deal. I've had this Talon a little over a month now and it's back at the shop for the second time. The problem: after 50 rounds it won't feed at all, regardless of ammo brand and magazine. I have spoke with the guys at Nighthawk and their customer servive has been good.

That being said, when it works it is a great pistol.
Night-sights, "naked" slide, very tight lock-up, and seem to have less felt recoil than my other 1911's. I really like it, but these problems are downright maddening!

varoadking, where are you in VA? (NoVa here)

I'm in Richmond...5 weeks left in my wait.  Sure hope your Talon gets sorted out...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yep.  Talon with some mods.

Here are the pics....AGAIN!!!  

It's been flawless for the 1000 rounds I have through it.  In fact it shoots better now than when I first got it.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/Trumpet1/IMG_0025.jpg
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/Trumpet1/IMG_0024.jpg
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/Trumpet1/IMG_0023.jpg
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/Trumpet1/IMG_0021.jpg

Nice piece.  Mine will look like its exact twin, except the front strap checkering will stop short of the bottom of the frame...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top