Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 6:19:02 AM EDT
New member and first time chat submission....
If you could buy only one 1911 to compete in NRA and other competitions (IPSC, etc) what would folks recommend?  I have looked at Rock River and Springfield Armory.  Others to consider?  Price not to exceed $2500.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
New member and first time chat submission....
If you could buy only one 1911 to compete in NRA and other competitions (IPSC, etc) what would folks recommend?  I have looked at Rock River and Springfield Armory.  Others to consider?  Price not to exceed $2500.  Thanks!

with that type of budget, you could get most any of the top line semi-customs.  

Nighthawk are suppose to make some fine 1911's

wilson combat
Les Baer
Rock River Arms

or you could go a step further with a Yost-Bonitz

There are many very nice 1911's out there, and without knowing more what you want, it's hard to point you in the right direction

but if I had the money, I'd go with a nowlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top