Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:00:50 PM EDT
I loaded up some test rounds in my 550 to see if they'll feed and what not.  They're 1.265 OAL and for some reason the gun won't eject the damn things.  It seems as if the ejection port is not long enough.  When i eject an empty case it ejects the case up and forward instead and of up and back.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Even though it shouldn't be a problem, the pistol wasn't designed to be hand cycled, especially with live or complete cartridges.  If the rounds are within specs for OAL, try firing them, to see if this really is a problem.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a shok buff installed? Sometimes compacts and shok buffs don't mix. They limit the distance that the slide can travel and that can lead to malfunctions of the type you're having.  Also check the extractor tension.  Is the ejector intact? No chipped or broken tip? Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Has the ejection port been lowered, widened and flaired?

On a Colt Commander I once had, I had that problem, until I lowered, widened and flaired the ejection port...

As for the Shok-Buffs..the poster above me is also right. An old Champion I had gotten had Shok-buffs in them and you could not get the full range of movement of the slide.

I took them out and although I could move the slide farther back, I still had to lower, widen and flair the ejection port.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem w/ my Kahr MK9 and Rem Golden Sabres.  The Sabres were a bit longer than other HP ammo so I switched my choice of ammo.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The ejection port is indeed lowered and flared and there is no shock buff
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
You can file the face of the ejector to change the way the casings eject, but it's hard explain on the net...

Is the nose of the bullet catching the forward edge of the ejection port?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
it's the end of the round that is catching.  There just isnt enough room for the round to angle up to clear the top of the ejection port.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like to me that the extractor and the ejector needs to be tuned up...

I'm no 1911 'smith, but I have stayed at a Holiday Express once and it SUCKED!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#9]
SA was the one who installed and tuned the extractor
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SA was the one who installed and tuned the extractor

Oop's...

I dunno...I'd have a 'smith that you trust take a look at it..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top