Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 1:49:11 PM EDT
I'm planning on replacing the ILS on my S.A. milspec. I bought one of these from midway along with a pin kit (swenson) and a Wolfe 23# mainspring..  Has anyone used the Swenson MSH before? any problems I should be aware of before installing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Blue, arched, Grooved, 20 lines per inch, midway had'em for $18.99 something like that... #758646  I bought the last one they had, they're listed as on backorder now..But they have flat grooved,blue, stainless, Blue and stainless checkered arched,
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to go to Midway just to see it.  I also Googled Swenson mainspring housing.  I find it curious, as I've never seen anything but the Swenson ambi made by someone else using the name.  I've never heard of a Swenson MSH.  Can you post pics when ou get it, particularly the packaging?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Hobbs,

A few years back in Brownells I think it was B&C who were using the Swenson name marketing the safeties along with a wider tactical safety and the ambis with the integral thumbguards. I have a bunch of the old catalogs I'll have to dig it out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
It was B&C, but I never saw a Swenson MSH.  It will be interesting to see if someone is using the name, or if it's an unrelated Swenson.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like someone has licensed the "Swenson" name! Yikes!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Who's B&C??
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Just some comapny that made an ambi safety with htumb shields and used the late Armand Swenson's name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top