BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:31:43 PM EDT
Anybody have one?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the tacked thread with 1911 grip links at the top of this 1911 forum?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#2]
My personal favorites come from www.gripsandknives.com.  Unfortunately, my cheap camera does not do these justice, but here are some California buckeye burl on my friend FROST18E's gun, some desert ironwood, and some highly figured spalted maple on my neighbor's gun.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Esmeralda!

Makes beautiful grips.

She is easy on the eyes too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Esmeralda!

Makes beautiful grips.

She is easy on the eyes too.

She is super nice to talk to also.  Though she's known for cocobolo, I have a really nice set of French Walnut she did for a Hi-Power.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My personal favorites come from www.gripsandknives.com.  Unfortunately, my cheap camera does not do these justice, but here are some California buckeye burl on my friend FROST18E's gun, some desert ironwood, and some highly figured spalted maple on my neighbor's gun.

img491.imageshack.us/img491/5512/gunpics246719bw.jpg
img212.imageshack.us/img212/9756/gunpics22762yo.jpg
img93.imageshack.us/img93/2715/gunpics235018di.jpg

hobbs man that colt looks like the grips are on fire! That pistol and the grips are both beautiful
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!  I first saw this guy's grips at a friend's shop, and couldn't believe my eyes.  The photos on his site don't begin to show all the color and detail, as is the case with my pics.  I ordered the middle set knowing they would look better in person than on the site.  I can't recommend these grips enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks!  I first saw this guy's grips at a friend's shop, and couldn't believe my eyes.  The photos on his site don't begin to show all the color and detail, as is the case with my pics.  I ordered the middle set knowing they would look better in person than on the site.  I can't recommend these grips enough.

Totally agree, beautiful grips. I have purchased 4 sets since I found out about his website (sorry, no pics). The trick is to keep checking the website as new grips are added.
If you're interested in a "killer" knife, check out the Bergh on his homepage. Just happens to be mine, there on consignment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't find the knife...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can't find the knife...

I don't see it either. Was there a few days ago, maybe it sold. Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you see these:

Ironwood Grips #417
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope, but to quote the friend who turned me on to this grip maker, "those are sh!t hot!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top