Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 1:15:51 AM EDT
I've been kicking this one around among other new 1911's, and I've yet to hear anything bad in the gunrags, but that doesn't mean much to me. Anybody here have any practical experience with them?

BTW, I searched, and found one thread in the past year, that came down to "My triggerguard is smaller than the one in the picture."

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2. One in .45 and one in 9mm. No problems, didn't like the thin grips but thats easy to fix. The blueing has  pretty much worn totally of  from the frontstrap, but I don't know if thats from me or from the gun...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
My secret weapon. When I want to fool people into believing that I'm a good shooter, I use my STI.

The blueing on the grip wears but so did my Kimber Target. The high cut at the rear of the triggerguard allows a better grip and feels much better than a standard 1911 and the front strap STIppling is comfortable. Mine has the factory skinny grips and that is my preference, I have thin grips on all my guns. The flat top slide is appealing to my eye but I doubt it aids the sight picture.

The mainspring cap and hammer strut are titanium for fast lock times. The firing pin too. The plastic looking graphite trigger glides smoothly in the trigger channel and the trigger pull is 3.25 pounds unmodified but with many rounds through it. I installed a Dawson fiber optic .090" front sight. The narrow width gives me a bit more light gap around the front sight.

I'm now a big STI fan and feel it is one of the best buys on the market.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you carry it, at least you'll be able to say that you're protected by a Trojan (I know I know....I couldn't resist, I'm sorry)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My secret weapon. When I want to fool people into believing that I'm a good shooter, I use my STI.

The blueing on the grip wears but so did my Kimber Target. The high cut at the rear of the trigger

I can't fool anyone anyway. But I have been eyeballing one of these too. To supplement My Super Match.  Grip frame fits me [the hard part], and the rest is good quality to boot. Its a bargin. I say if it fits, go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top