Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 1:53:37 AM EDT
I am trying to decide which to choose. The Kimber is used on consignment I cant remember the price. The SA is the Loaded full size model and is $699.00. Does the SA have the MIM parts that the Kimber does?

I wonder if the Kimber is in good working condition. I have bought a used gun from this shop before and it turned out fine. I really wanted a 1911 in stainless but the loaded that the shop has is parkerized.

Please give your opinions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't restrict youyrself to what the shop has in stock. If they won't get what you want (at a decent price), find a local independant dealer, find a good price on the net, and have the local guy do the trandfer. If you want stainless, get the stainless!

T Bone (Detroit)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Between the two I would say "go with the SA".  I have gotten rid of all my Kimbers (five) in favor of Springfields.  Both have some MIM parts which would need to be changed if you don't want anything MIM.  I think the SA's are just as accurate, well built, less expensive by a lot, don't have the silly trigger safety as the Kimber II line does, better sights (Novacks on the SA, Mepro on the Kimber) and on and on and on.

Just my .02
MadDog
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say Kimber most of the time but out of the two I think the SA sounds better.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If your going to shoot it, get a Springfield. If your going to look at it, get a Kimber.  I can't say I even look at my Kimber, it spends most of it's time at the factory being repaired.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd take the springfield.

What he said.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Springfield has a lifetime warranty, and is new. I was looking at kimbers as well but have decided to get a loaded champion istead of a pro carry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys, I think I will go with the SA. I just needed a little user advice before deciding. I will look online to see if anyone has it in stainless and do the transfer thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Shop around on the SA Loaded.  I picked up my Loaded Bi-Tone Model for about $650 out the door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top