Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:15:41 PM EDT
well, after a brief fling with a S/W 1911 sc, I couldnt get over the external extractor, so I have a kimber pro carry HD brand new with Internal Extractor coming that should be here next tuesday..

so here we go, I assume that before I head out to the range, I should at least field strip/ clean and lube it..I was thinking CLP? suggestions welcome..

I got 400 rounds of WWB, and Im looking for some wilson 47D's

what should I be doing at the range, as far as cleaning ? what products should I be using and at what interval? should it be done?

any cleaning/ maintance advice / tricks would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to mess up, and being that I build race engines for a living,I know that a proper break in period and proper procedure results in maximum horse power I assume that this applies to firearms too.

If it were a engine I would have all the answers, but it's not, so I look to you for advice...

pics will follow after I take posession...soo this thread is "usefull" even without em

did I mention I cant wait

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 6:09:10 PM EDT by SamK]
Grease the slide rails, locking lugs on slide/bbl., bushing, and hammer strut, oil everything else. Shoot the hell out of it! My little "trick" for cleaning, brake cleaner. I completly strip it and hose it, lots of clp (brake cleaner is a little harsh) for the metal to soak up, then Tetra grease on the rails. I don't use the brake cleaner all the time, just every few thousand (~3k), otherwise I just wipe it down with an oily rag and grease where needed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:12:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:17:28 PM EDT
turbo_infidel,

I'd agree with all the above advice, but would recommend FP-10 for lube.

Great quote SGB
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:12:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mark75101:
turbo_infidel,

I'd agree with all the above advice, but would recommend FP-10 for lube.

Great quote SGB

nice, I was just thinking about that....thanx
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
Thanx for all the info,
Top Top