Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 6:24:34 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get a display/presentation box/case for a 1911?  Wood bottom with wood and glass hinged top and possibly a cutout for the gun to sit in. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tag

I would imagine you could fabricate one pretty easily and go to the local arts and crafts store and start out with a shadow box? is that the road you are looking down...?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
ERROR. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag

I would imagine you could fabricate one pretty easily and go to the local arts and crafts store and start out with a shadow box? is that the road you are looking down..?

Yes. Something like this for a single 5" 1911 but preferably with a glass top. I already checked with Ted and the price on something like this that he builds from time to time is way out of my league.

See Display Case in this Post
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag

I would imagine you could fabricate one pretty easily and go to the local arts and crafts store and start out with a shadow box? is that the road you are looking down...?

Well I was looking for a good source maybe to buy one down the road and give to my dad as a gift.
I know I could always make one, but sometimes it's quicker, easier, and more productive to just buy one. Besides I doubt mine presentation box would look very good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag

Well I was looking for a good source maybe to buy one down the road and give to my dad (my son) as a gift.I know I could always make one, but sometimes it's quicker, easier, and more productive to just buy one. Besides I doubt mine presentation box would look very good.

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
www.replicaweaponry.com/gundisbox.html

They have some nice ones, but they're a little on the pricey side for a box.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have a local Hobby Loby or Michaels, they have something similar around the Models. It might work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#9]
to risk getting flamed,,evilbay,,has them listed quite often.
your looking at about 100.00 on a used one in good shape but have seen them go for less
I sold a texas ranger comm., box..sold the gun, that was stupid....anyways got nearly 200 for it..2 or 3 years ago..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top