Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:04:56 PM EDT
I have my first 1911 but i want to jazz it up and maybe shoot a tighter group i want to add a smith and alexander magazine well,already have chip mags as well as a pair of wilson combat 8rd's but want to add new sights, which are the best for target and carry , is it possible to buy a drop-in match barrel in my standard mil-spec and get better groups, and the last thing is changing the hammer and trigger and getting them both skelotonized, tell me room is it worth it or am I pissing in the wind putting money into an average 1911 thanks god bless,hooah
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
There's really no such thing as a "drop-in match barrel"

The key to 1911 accuracy in a hand fitted barrel.

Kart makes an "Easy fit" that is Excellent.

Brownells has them.

The Smith & Alexander magwell is very nice.

Novak or Bo-Mar sights are great,  both require gunsmithing.

Customizing a Mil-Spec 1911 is NOT pissing in the wind.

Do it right,  don't go cheap.

This was my Mil-spec 1911 after I got done customizing it in the early/mid 1990's.

It was My USPSA / IPSC gun for years.

Damn I miss it !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top