Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
Looking at making this my next purchase. Currently don't have any 1911's. This would pull CCW duty as well.  Looking at the alloy model -commander length.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
we had one in the rental case at the range, after 4-5000 rounds the extractor broke. Still waiting on the replacement part. It will not take a standard extractor.

edit 'cause i can't spell
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that about right for when an extractor would break? I don't know much about the inner workings of the 1911. Was that way too soon?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
we had one in the rental case at the range, after 4-5000 rounds the extractor broke. Still waiting on the replacement part. It will not take a standard extractor.

edit 'cause i can't spell

Rental guns see allot of abuse. Having worked at a gun shop / range I seen all sorts of insanity.
Caught a guy shooting 40sw out of a 45acp. He got a couple shots off.

Easy way to break and extractor on a gun is to drop a round into the chamber.

I had to look that LTC up. I was thought it might be an LDA trigger, which I don't care for at all. Nice looking gun, nice to see Para making a Single Stack.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
only experience i had was I 'saw one go tits up in a defensive handgun course..
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
i myself have a para ltc stainless

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

accurate, trigger is amazing, and best looking 1911 i have seen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top