Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 3:59:37 PM EDT
I have had lots of trouble with my Colt Compact 45. It would 3 point jam on the last round about half the time( Every time with certain mags) and the other mags would not hold the slide open or drop free from the gun. All together I had about 8 mags and all were crap. I was worried I had a real pistol problem. I purchased 1 Wilson Combat 7 rounder and waited for like 2 days for it to show up. Nice!! I couldn't get to the range but my best friend and fellow gun nut came by the house for some epoxy and "offered" to take it to his place and test it out. The result...not a single malfunction of any kind through 8 mags. Not an extreme test but it functioned reliably in all areas and I'm very happy as that little pistol is my favorite. By the way he was using Wolf so maybe it was an extreme test!! I may need to replace the recoil spring as well since they take a pounding in the Compact model and it probably has about 7 or 800 rounds on it now. I read that they should be replaced every 300 or so. Any truth to this? This applies to the compact not full size auto's.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Your recoil spring is fine keep shootin'.  Now you need more WC mags, welcome to the world of the empty wallet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a huge deal to replace at only 12 bucks or so. I'll just get one when I order more mags. I think three or four more ought to do it...mags that is!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Reading is fundamental!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top