Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT by williedikker72]
Saw a nice Dan Wesson Pointman Major at the shop today. 5" slide, brushed s/s finish, adjustable sights, .45ACP. Looked to be fired very little. Serial number is 45MJ00XXX. Have any idea how old this one is and what is a good price? He's asking $500 for it. Thanks, Terry

BTW, does the fact that it's a pre-CZ gun make it more valuable?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:53:09 PM EDT
Good price. We have a couple sitting on the shelf here brand new for $650 or so.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT by williedikker72]
Went back again today. I can get it for $475, but after thoroughly looking it over, I'm still not sure. Why you ask? I don't like the sights/ It has a dot up front and the adj Millett type target sight in the back that is screwed into a raised part of the slide. Not to many options for a replacement I guess. I just think it is kinda flimsy in a way and the notch is too shallow for the front sight. A good sight picture cuts off half of the dot on the front sight. Fit, finish, and condition are great. If it had fixed sights on it, I'd be taking pictures of it right now at home. Anyone else know what I'm talking baout with the sights and would that be a deal breaker for you on such a nice gun at such a nice price? Terry

Here's a stock photo of the one I'm talking about. I sthere any way to change this type of sight?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:25:16 AM EDT
Yeah, my shop had one of those too. I would lean toward the one they sell with the Bo-mar sight on it.

That one looks like it might be possible to mill off the raised part and install a Heinie or Novak in its place.

For $475 that's a hell of a deal anyway. If it were me I'd probably do it.
Top Top