Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:59 PM EDT
While looking for my first 1911 I found a Colt national match at a local shop. Its on consignment from a man I know, who bought it for his kid. The kid put a couple hundred rounds through it and was uninterested so its for sale. It looks to be in great condition with a bright and clean bore. Everything seems to be tight and the only thing that is wrong with it is a few sratches in the blueing. Ive heard that some series 70 colts were kinda sloppy for a few years, so I took the serial number, hoping one of you could look it up in a book. It has all matching numbers which read 252XX-NM. Any information on the gun would be greatly appreciated, and how much do you think its worth?  thanks.
Simon
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
if the gun is clean and tight, that's most important.....barring some horrible mishap ( which I doubt ) it should be good to go.....anything you may "need" to do will be minor and very affordable....

if you get it ( I say DO ) then I also suggest the heavier recoil spring ( at least 18.5 )
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good to me! He only wants 600$ for it too, guess thats an added bonus!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top