Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:07:55 PM EDT
So as the Title say's anyone use there 1911 in IDPA? I have been thinking about getting a 1911 but most likely something that wont be any ware near the competitive level but something like a range plinker. I will start going to my area IDPA meet's every Wednesday or at least the range. I have it down to either a Glock 19 or a 1911 though I don’t know the different types and I don’t have a big budget.

Also on a side note, anyone have any photos of a silenced 1911? thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of 1911's in IDPA second most prominant gun behind Glocks around here.  It's probably flip flopped at a lot of clubs though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
any 1911's in IDPA?

I know there will be at least one tomorrow.

Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I use either a 9mm or 38 super 1911 in IDPA. I wouldn't use anything else except of course for a 45 1911. But i use either a 9mm or a Super if I'm trying to win. And screw Glocks anyway, I don't care how great they are, let's see if they are still being used in a hundred years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
There's an entire division that is essentially set up for the 1911.  CDP is the 1911 division.  At my club, not very many guys shoot CDP, which is nice in a way.  On a normal month, there is one CDP expert, one CDP SS (me) and two CDP marksmen.  There are 15 to 20 guys shooting SSP and a few ESP and revolver shooters.  Because I'm not competing against very many guys, I can concentrate more on my skills without worrying about what the other guys are doing.  I shoot with the goal to not beat myself.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
     CDP is not the ONLY 1911 division. A 1911 in .40 will shoot ESP class. I use my STI in ESP class and also in USPSA either limited or  limited 10.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot a Kimber Classic Custom in IDPA, nice thing about the format is you use your carry gun.

No game guns here. So dont worry about spending big money on a super pistol, not needed.
You could get to the hightest levels in IDPA with a box stock Springfield 1911A1.

I picked up my Kimber used in a pawn shop for 450. No work done on it.

Works like a champ. Plus, get yourself a pump 12 gauge and an M1A and you are ready for
the "He-Man" classification when you shoot in 3-gun matches.

Ammo is going to cost you though, 9mm is about half of what the 45 is going to run you... so you may want to look at reloading, or just know that you are going to spend a fair amount on ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top